We designed a microcontroller board for a power supply, but somehow we forgot to add the oscillator to the circuit. We thought it was enough to add two nets called ‘OSC1’ and ‘OSC2’ to the schematic… Why can’t Eagle cope with that automatically?! The lovely photo was taken with an A5000, and Android-based clone of […]
Where we’ve been Dangerous Prototypes has been around four years this summer. This internet gig started at the DIY Life and Hack a Day blogs when I was a poor student roughing it in Amsterdam. A couple hundred bucks for a feature piece bought a lot of ramen stampot, and paid for an otherwise unsustainable […]
We continue working on the part kit models and diagrams. The images above are CAD drawings, and Eagle components of PCB edge connectors.
We continue working on the part kit models, and documentation. We’re adding them to our Eagle part library as well. We’re on our way to the Bay Area Maker Fair this weekend.
We are getting ready for the Maker Faire. Work continues on part, and kit documentation. Check out the videos and writeups from our previous Maker Faire visits.
We continue working on part documentation. Here is a image of our 2D technical drawings of IDC connectors.
We continue working on the part documentation. The picture above is pre-crimped ribbon cable.
Today we worked on some part documentation. We made CAD drawings (pictured above) of 0.1” female connectors, and 3D models to go along with them.
Skimming through the datasheets building documentation for the Bus Pirate Edu Kit.
We’re finalizing the gerber merging ULP for Eagle. Bus Pirate Edu Kit documentation continues to grow.
We bought the Postek C168 acetate label printer for kit projects. We continue working on documentation.
We tested out all the Bus Pirate Edu Kit exercises and the connection diagrams. Some alterations may be made to the real time clock exercise to make it more interesting. Rediscovered SEG market. Had ignored it as a tourist trap but, was really successful sourcing some low volume items there today. Really nice people at […]
Made an initial Eagle ULP to produce a crude .cfg configuration file for gerbmerge to process gerber panelization. We continue working on the Bus Pirate Edu Kit documentation.
Final sourcing. Dinner with HAXLR8R teams. We are finalizing the Bus Pirate Edu kit documentation. Finally got gerbmerge (gerber panelization) to work, thanks to schazamp’s instructables and Paul Mac’s Gerbmerge wiki.
We’re are looking into tools for gerber paneling to further reduce the cost of prototype PCBs. We continue working on the Bus Pirate documentation, and have sent out the bill of materials for a quote. QFN breakout boards are finalized.
We started using a professional sourcer for our kits. Will have a full report when we get results. Another batch of SMD breakout boards is designed. The one pictured above is of a 0.5mm and 0.65mm pitch 80pin QFP package. The two different pitched footprints are on opposite sides of the board.
We finished up all the models and renderings for the Bus Pirate Edu kit. Now we’ll concentrate on writing up the documentation required for each exercise, as well as assembling the booklet that will accompany the kit.
Today we worked on some QFN breakout board for another kit we are preparing. Another image was rendered for the Bus Pirate Edu Kit documentation, and the last model was prepped for rendering.
Exercise 10 out of 12 render complete. We continue sourcing parts in Shenzhen. QFN footprints for proto-boards are being finalized.
Another day, another render. This is exercise 9 of the planed 12 for the Bus Pirate Edu kit. In Huaqiangbei we tested out some part sourcing services for our parts kits.