Kartik revised his EzPSoC3 board into the new quick QuickPSoC3. These boards are mini development platforms for PSoC3 system-on-chip ICs from Cypress. Here is a list of features on the new board:
- Longer pads(almost 3x) so it makes soldering the SSOP part easier for beginners.
- Widened power tracks to 70mils
- Arranged pins(see top-left) such that the miniprog3 can be directly plugged in,making programming easier
- The miniusb connector now is the variant without the plastic pegs beneath.
- Added one user programmable LED(in 1206) and push button switch.
- I’m not using the sparkfun library anymore,since many users complained their pads are too small to solder stuff comfortably.
- Another point is that the SMD passives can be easily replaced by their through hole variants,and can be made 100% through hole,excluding of course the chip itself.