Categories

Mini 7-segment clock project update

Posted on Tuesday, August 6th, 2013 in clock, project logs by DP

mini7seg_v1.1

Kevin Rye posted an update on his Mini 7-segment clock we covered previously:

UPDATE: I finally got in my rev 1.1 PCBs from OSH Park. I fixed the pin-swap problem with the display as well as rerouted Vcc to the Atmega a little better than before. Rev 1.0 was a little convoluted.
I also got in my custom laser-cut acrylic from Ponoko.
I put everything together and it works great! So glad to finally see this guy assembled and complete!
The image doesn’t do it justice. The display is super bright!
All the source files are available on my hobby site: Mini 7-Segment Clock

Via the project log forum.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, August 6th, 2013 at 11:00 am and is filed under clock, project logs. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

Leave a Reply

Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. You can also subscribe without commenting.

Recent Comments

  • Joe Desbonnet: Ya, I can recommend the low melting point solder. I used brand 'ChipQuik' and it's amazingly easy to use.
  • Jerome: I need a new BusPirate for the Fablab ;) Many thanks!
  • Max: Seems like an unexpectedly violent way to remove the chip indeed. A hot air station should of course do the job just fine, but in...
  • jose: Part removal described here is pure butchery, the cheapest hot air station will do a fast and clean job removing the QFP, heat air to...
  • Cody: Yes please