Categories

Playing with a surplus E-ink module

Posted on Wednesday, May 3rd, 2017 in testing by DP

pics-einktest-600

Sjaak @ smdprutser.nl writes:

When I was in China last year I sourced a couple of small E-ink displays (GDEH0124S01) through Taobao. They were simple ones with 8 14 segment characters. After some searching on the Chinese website from the manufacturer I found the datasheet. It was by all means not complete and a lot info was missing. After a bit more searching I found the controller used is DM130120 and its datasheet tells a bit more…
I made a PCB quite some time ago, but due to personal matters, I hadn’t the time to solder them up and write some code for it. A couple of days ago I soldered the PCB and fired up the compiler. After struggling through both of the chinglish manuals I converted their pseudo code into something the compiler and the micro understands.

More details at smdprutser.nl blog.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 3rd, 2017 at 11:31 pm and is filed under testing. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

5 Responses to “Playing with a surplus E-ink module”

  1. Sjaak says:

    I bought from him :) but it appears he was just relaying the order to the manufacturer.

    Never trust stocklevels on aliexpress ;)

Leave a Reply

Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. You can also subscribe without commenting.

Recent Comments

  • Joe Desbonnet: Ya, I can recommend the low melting point solder. I used brand 'ChipQuik' and it's amazingly easy to use.
  • Jerome: I need a new BusPirate for the Fablab ;) Many thanks!
  • Max: Seems like an unexpectedly violent way to remove the chip indeed. A hot air station should of course do the job just fine, but in...
  • jose: Part removal described here is pure butchery, the cheapest hot air station will do a fast and clean job removing the QFP, heat air to...
  • Cody: Yes please