Diogoc shared his Hakko T12 soldering controller in the project log forum:
I finally finished my Hakko T12 soldering controller.
Thanks to sparkybg and arhi for all help and sugestions.
Some features of the controller:
– 3310 graphic display
– rotary encoder for easy and fast temperature selection
– sleep mode when the iron is in the stand
– turn off when a long time in sleep mode
– audible indications
– intuitive menu navegation
– percentage visualization of output power
– powered by a compact and lightweight 24V dc laptop power supply
– ambient temperature sensor for a better cold junction compensation
– lcd backlight control
– alarm for very high temperature, turning off immediately the heater
– indication of tip removed to allow hot swapping the tips
– bootloader for easy firmware upgrade via integrated usb port
– usb port and c# software to monitoring all parameters and help to adjust the pid parameters
The controller still need a little adjust in the PID parameters but for me it is almost perfect.
Via the forum.