Categories

Hackerspace Singapore visit

Posted on Tuesday, August 14th, 2012 in Global Geek, Hackerspace by DP

Hackerspace Singapore posted some pictures from our visit, taken during our Global Geek Tour. Be sure to check out our full video report from Singapore on electronics shops, the hackerspace, local food, and more.

Thanks to everyone at Hackerspace Singapore for hosting us. Every hackerspace is unique, and it is always exciting to get to know a new one. We can’t wait to see what you’re up to next year.

Our recollection and comments on a few of the pictures are below.

Hardware discussion.

Mats does a demo of Cadsoft Eagle for the hardware curious.

Mats’ projects. We really liked the touch sensor board with LEDs mounted upside down to shine through holes in the middle. Very creative. Get a closer look in the Geek Tour Singapore video.

A novelty “control it with your brain” device was a big hit. It might use galvanic skin response through the ear clamps, but it seems bunk to us. Time for a tear-down.

We get a hackerspace.sg sicker in our passport.

The star of seemingly every hackerspace, a well stocked drink fridge. No Club-Mate though.

Checking out the Bus Pirate v3b up close.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, August 14th, 2012 at 7:00 pm and is filed under Global Geek, Hackerspace. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

7 Responses to “Hackerspace Singapore visit”

1. Phalox says:

I see Belgian beer :-)

I told my girlfriend I want to go to singapore. But she just got back from austrailia (going through singapore), and told me that the weather there kills you… China has awesome electronics too, but the English there is still a problem!

2. ian says:

If you check the very end of the video there are outtakes that express our experience withthe oppersive heat and humidity :) it was truly awful. I lived in Hawaii for 4 years and it doesn’t start to compare.

3. Phalox says:

Yeah, I saw them :-) you were literally melting!

And I must admit I’m quite sensitive to such huge temperatures!

4. ian says:

Me too. I’m a few degrees further north than you. I did not fare well though u have a wicked tan now ;) poor mad skills is still a red burned mess.

5. Taniwha says:

heh – spent a 1 day layover there a few months back – yes it was stupidly hot (for me) but mostly we just got soaked to the skin

6. Phalox says:

Well, that could make a relativly cheap holiday: you don’t need a hotel with a swimming pool. You cary it with you at all times!

7. Taniwha says:

well this was more a case of being caught in a couple of downpours – we were traveling back from Bangalore to NZ and didn’t really come prepared for rain.

For those who are passing through Singapore there’s a left luggage in the airport to drop off all your stuff and a great subway in the airport that will easily take you into town