Categories

Another way to store your electronics components

Posted on Friday, June 8th, 2012 in partlist by DP

As a response to yesterday’s Workshop Video on how we stock our parts, Alvaro made a video of his own storage system. He predominately uses portable boxes, which have 4 removable compartmentalized containers.

We also talked with Alvaro at the Bay Area Maker Fair 2012, and his wireless friend finder project.

Via Twitter.

This entry was posted on Friday, June 8th, 2012 at 11:00 am and is filed under partlist. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

8 Responses to “Another way to store your electronics components”

1. bluehash says:

Good stuff Alvaro. I have the same small boxes to store tiny parts. This is mine for now.

2. Winston says:

When the binder with grab bag resistors is shown, what is the original intended purpose for the plastic pages in the binder? Something related to photography like a slide, negative or print holder? For coin collections?

• Ian says:

I have always wanted to use the photograph type or business card types, but everywhere I can find them locally they are quite expensive. I’ve never really investigated online.

The ones I use are for protecting paper sheets in a binder. Normally you slide 2 sheets back to back. They come in packs of 50 for 2 or 3 bucks (when I can find them, I’ve seen photo holder for 1-3 bucks each).

3. Alvaro says:

I believe they are business card holders. You can probably get them at an office supply store.

4. Oliver says:

A direct link to those storage boxes would be nice :) Preferably on ebay from china ;)

• Alvaro says:

I cant find them anywhere online, sadly. I bought them at the Home Depot a few years ago but haven’t seen them since.

• Daniel says:

Here in Canada I found a 4-part organizer with carrying case like you describe in your video yesterday on sale for ~$18 at Canadian Tire. Perfect storage solution as I start into the “Make:Electronics” book from MAKE. Thanks for the tip!

5. Winston says:

I think coin pocket binder pages would also be useful for storing taped resistors:

Various types are available on eBay.