Posted on Thursday, February 2nd, 2012 in library by DP
We decided to clean up our Eagle part library and start using a new part naming scheme. The old library was getting confusing to work with, here’s our new part naming conventions:
- general naming style [category]_[function]_[partnumber]
- if function is unavailabel the folowing will be used [category]_[partnumber]
- Capacitors, Resistors, and diodes will all use the same device, with different packages.
- Transistors will use the following convection TRANSISTOR_[type]_[partnumber], types used are BJT, FET,…
- Displays are named DISPLAY_[type of display, or partnumber]
- Connectors are named CON_[type of connector]_[number of pins]
Don’t forget our Eagle part library is public domain and available for download. Do whatever you want with it.
This entry was posted
on Thursday, February 2nd, 2012 at 7:00 pm and is filed under library
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0
You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.