Today we sent our updated soldering iron driver v1.5 PCB to be fabricated. This is a 100% through-hole reroute of Arhi’s latest gen 3 design. The ground plane is broken into power supply, analog, and digital sections to help reduce noise. PCBs will be available in the free PCB drawer soon if you’d like to test it.
Version 1 was based on the gen2 driver designed by Arhi in the forum. Since v1 many bugs were found and ironed out. Version 1.5 is based on, and totally compatible with, Arhi’s gen3 driver and firmware. Here’s a list of updates in v1.5:
- An 1mA constant current now drives PTC type sensors, clearing out the noise.
- The DC/DC converter features an output filter, contributing to a cleaner power supply and more accurate ADC measurements.
- The board is a two layer design, and ground layers have been separated between the power, analog, and digital sections.
- Some footprints have been changed to more easily available packages.
- Pins were reassigned to make V1.5 compatible with Arhi’s firmware.
- There are now 6 I/O pins. 3 are reserved for the rotary encoder or interface buttons. The other 3 are free for development. Two of those are Interrupt-on-Change pins, and one is connected to the PWM peripheral’s output.