We go through a lot of prototype PCBs, and end up with lots of extras that we’ll never use. Every Sunday we give away a few PCBs from one of our past or future projects, or a related prototype. PCBs by Seeed Studio.
This is the final version of the PCB for the USB infrared remote control receiver/transmitter. This IR hacking tool can visualize infrared signals on a Java logic analyzer, record and replay infrared signals, and decode them.
You can get an assembled USB IR Toy for $20, including worldwide shipping.
We’re giving away two PCBs this week, one now, and one later today. Just ask for it in the comments.
- Yes, we’ll mail it anywhere in the world!
- Be sure to use a real e-mail in the address field so we can contact you for shipping info.
- First come, first serve. If we can’t contact the first commenters we move down the list, so you could consider making a request even if it looks like all the PCBs are gone.
- Please, limit one PCB per address per month.
- Like everything else on this site, PCBs are offered without warranty.
We try to stagger free PCB Sunday posts so every time zone has a chance to participate, but the best way to see the post first is to subscribe to the RSS feed.