We go through a lot of prototype PCBs, and end up with lots of extras that we’ll never use. Every Sunday we give away a few professionally-made PCBs from one of our past or future projects, or a related prototype.
This is a prototype PCB for an upcoming USB infrared receiver/transmitter project, it isn’t the final board. This version was used in our remote control Halloween pumpkin. It took several tries to get this board right, this is the very first. The PCB is too thin for a reliable connection with the on-board A-connector, but it also has a footprint for a standard USB B-connector.
We’re giving away two PCBs this week, just ask for one in the comments.
- Yes, we’ll mail it anywhere in the world!
- Be sure to use a real e-mail in the address field so we can contact you for shipping info.
- First come, first serve. If we can’t contact the first commenters we move down the list, so you could consider making a request even if it looks like all the PCBs are gone.
- Limit one PCB per address per month.
- Like everything else on this site, PCBs are offered without warranty.
We try to stagger free PCB Sunday posts so every time zone has a chance to participate, but the best way to see the post first is to subscribe to the RSS feed.