Categories

Microcontroller based running light controller

Posted on Tuesday, November 25th, 2014 in dev boards by DP

picture

Another project by Rajkumar Sharma over at Electronics Lab, a lights effects board using common bulbs:

This project provides some lighting effect by the blinking pattern of the bulbs connected at its output. Up to 8 Bulbs can be connected in between connector CN2 to CN9 and AC power to control them should be connected at Connector CN10. DC Power should be applied at Connector CN11 in accordance with the polarity marked on this connector. Care should be taken while using this it as it contains Main Power on the board.
We can change the Blink pattern by the press of the SET switch and change the blinking speed by the press of the UP and DOWN keys on the PCB. Fuse F1 will protect the Kit from any possible short circuit and excess current flowing through it.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 25th, 2014 at 10:35 pm and is filed under dev boards. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

10 Responses to “Microcontroller based running light controller”

1. g says:

Seriously, just put an Electronics Lab banner up and be done with it already.

Has the internet really run out of other things worthy of mentioning?

2. WJ says:

Actually, that is a nice looking board.

3. KH says:

Oh, I just treat them as DP’s sort of own Hugh Pickens / Bennett Haselton / Roland Piquepaille.

The Kea Lab logo, no source code, and hiding the PIC model totally kills my mood.

The programmability of light patterns is very limited, why would any serious display artist in the 21st century use this kind of thing? Oh, I guess they have an audience in India… For others this kind of project might be cute in the 1980s and in electronics magazines then, but I really don’t see anyone making practical use out of this in the long term. I see a lot more of controlled LED lighting in retail, and those won’t be controlled via mains.

Too bad, their projects never did make me sit up and take notice. I just go ‘meh’…

4. Chris says:

How about the isolation distance between Mains AC and DC?
    Just dangerous crap.

• eLLi says:

There is a post from Nov. 8th about an 8 channel relay board (also from Mr. Sharma), which suffers from the same PCB layout issue.

5. Richard says:

Nice board, and timely for XMAS!

Richard.

6. Richard says:

I did not read the current per channel, so you know what it is?

Richard

7. David says:

Hey DP, what’s with this Electronics Lab never-ending promotion?

8. Ian says:

thanks for heads up. electronics-lab filter in place for future!