Dr. Ayman Shalaby over at Electronics Lab posted another project, a serial AVR and PIC programmer:
This is a dual MCU programmer which supports both AVR and PIC mcu and there is a switch to select between them.
It’s easy to manufacture and have only through hole parts.
– RS232 Serial interface
– AC-DC powered
– MAX232 interface
– standard programming sockets for PIC and AVR
– easy to build, all component are TH parts
– 74CA00 for protection
– LED indicators for VPP, TxD, RxD, Power
– Compatible with PonyProg and similar software
– 10 Pin ICSP for AVR (Miso, SCK, Mosi, Reset, GND, VCC)
– 5 Pin ICSP for PIC (VPP, VDD, VSS, PGD, PGC)