EagleUp v4.4 released

Posted on Friday, July 6th, 2012 in tutorials by DP

Jerome continues to develop the awesome EagleUp plugin for SketchUp and Eagle, which we use extensively in our 3D models. He released version 4.4, which fixes some bugs that popped up with newer versions of Sketchup and Eagle. He also added new functionality like custom silk layers, z-axis offset for parts, and relative paths for folders.

If you haven’t already, check out our EagleUp tutorial.

Read about version 4.4 below the fold.

eagleUp 4.4 brings compatibilitywith ImageMagick 6.7.7 and Eagle 6.x. as well as with the previous versions.

Top and bottom textures are generated faster and will look better near holes.

Parts placement is more precise, with um resolution.

The EAGLEUP attribute gets a third parameter to modify Z-axis offset without modifying the 3D model. On the image above the Led have 0.5mm offsets. Syntax can include {part_name} {;{M}{Rxxx}} {;yyy.yy u}, where yyy.yy is the vertical offset (positive or negative float value) and u the unit. Unit can be mm, mil, mils, or inch. To move the part upward by 0.5 mm, add the attribute EAGLEUP with value ; ; 0.5 mm

The files are now handled with relative paths, so the eagleUp export folder can be moved around. This also helps with non-english characters, such as ö, ü, in the path (simply avoid them in the name of the export folder).

Two new options for the silk layers : none, and custom. In custom you can define your own mix of layers used for the silk. Type the layers separated with a space, for ex 21 25 51.

This entry was posted on Friday, July 6th, 2012 at 7:00 pm and is filed under tutorials. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

2 Responses to “EagleUp v4.4 released”

  1. Pedro Diogo says:

    Nice update, especially on the silk layers that were giving me trouble last time I used them.

  2. Cy Drollinger says:

    I have found EagleUp 4.5 to very helpful and fairly straight foward. Recently, I have run into a problem with the board outline not rendering properly. The board is an odd shape like the letter D. The board outline is made up of a an arc about 300 degrees and a straight line to close. The eagleup export4.5 can not get it right. If I limit to a circle it will not be able to find the outline. I read somewhere the delimiters need to be . instead of comma, but not sure how to track that down.

    Thank you!

Leave a Reply

Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. You can also subscribe without commenting.

Recent Comments

  • Max: A thing I wish I knew getting into Arduino-controlled servos is that the typical "180 degrees" servos DO NOT move 180 degrees for the standard...
  • Max: I have certainly noticed certain suppliers (like Adafruit, Pololu) being... "western-facing" - which is another way to say their prices definitely aren't Eastern Europe compatible,...
  • Shawn: Hello
  • jmarc78: Hello
  • JB: Hey.