As I finally had my accelerometer, I’ve decided to solder it up using electric skillet method. I thought I had the required tantalum caps so I didn’t order but it turns out I have a different value. I soldered it anyways with the 0805 caps, tested the connection with a multimeter for shorts and used my BP to verify that it is working. It works without the tantalum caps, but I don’t think that I’ll be able to get good readings so I’ll get some locally (aka Akihabara). BTW, here is the result
If you build a free PCB we’ll send you another one! Blog about it, post a picture on Flicker, whatever – we’ll send you a coupon code for the free PCB drawer.
Get the MMA7455L breakout board for $15 at Seeed Studio.