Categories

European TV B Gone firmware for the Infrared Toy

Posted on Wednesday, August 24th, 2011 in Infrared toy by Ian

exapod made a TV B Gone firmware for the Infrared Toy using a list of European TV POWER OFF codes. Grab the firmware in the forum:

i controlled all the function with the mplab sim and now it works, it turns off the european television.
I attached the code. Thanks ian for the suggestion.
Now i’m working on a smaller and powerful version.

Get an IR Toy v2 for $22.05, including world wide shipping.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 24th, 2011 at 8:16 am and is filed under Infrared toy. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

7 Responses to “European TV B Gone firmware for the Infrared Toy”

1. Nilz says:

You made my day :)

2. exapod says:

Thank you.
    if you can, let me know what brand you are able to turn off and what no, in my case a LG one.

3. Chuckt says:

There are a couple of brands that can’t be turned off and this toy seems to fit the job.

4. exapod says:

sorry i don’t understnd what you mean with “seems to fit the job” .My native language is not english

5. Chuckt says:

This toy can both capture and transmit remote control codes whereby we didn’t have a device to do that before.

We have some foreign tvs here that the TV B Gone won’t turn off so I’m wondering why the original TV B Gone has a seperate setting for US and European.

6. exapod says:

Help me with an hardware problem, i post it on the european tv-b-gone topic

7. mrx23dot says: