We go through a lot of prototype PCBs, and end up with lots of extras that we’ll never use. Every Sunday we give away a few PCBs from one of our past or future projects, or a related prototype. Our PCBs are made through Seeed Studio’s Fusion board service.
This week we’re giving an updated Bus Pirate v3c PCB. These PCBs were intended to follow the current v3b production. They incorporate a centered, shrouded SMD header.
We had hoped that eliminating all thought-hole parts would make the Bus Pirate cheaper and faster to produce. Unfortunately the SMD header was difficult to find and more expensive than expected, so the through-hole header remains. Just ask for a PCB in the comments.
- Yes, we’ll mail it anywhere in the world!
- Be sure to use a real e-mail in the address field so we can contact you for shipping info.
- First come, first serve. If we can’t contact the first commenters, or there’s no reply within 24 hours, we move down the list. You could consider making a request even if it looks like all the PCBs are gone.
- Limit one PCB per address per month please.
- Like everything else on this site, PCBs are offered without warranty.
We try to stagger free PCB Sunday posts so every time zone has a chance to participate, but the best way to see the post first is to subscribe to the RSS feed.