We go through a lot of prototype PCBs, and end up with lots of extras that we’ll never use. Every Sunday we give away a few PCBs from one of our past or future projects, or a related prototype. PCBs by Seeed Studio.
This is a PIC and AVR programming adapter for the Bus Pirate (through-hole version). It has a 5pin PIC-ICSP header and a 6pin AVR-ISP header. It also includes a small 13volt boost-converter power supply. A 13volt VPP supply is required to program PIC 12/16/18F microcontrollers. We though it might be useful for clearing the RESET fuse in AVRs too, but that part isn’t going to work (it still has a handy 2×3 ISP connector for programming AVRs though).
We’re giving away two PCBs this week. Just ask for one in the comments.
- Yes, we’ll mail it anywhere in the world!
- Be sure to use a real e-mail in the address field so we can contact you for shipping info.
- First come, first serve. If we can’t contact the first commenters we move down the list, so you could consider making a request even if it looks like all the PCBs are gone.
- Limit one PCB per address per month.
- Like everything else on this site, PCBs are offered without warranty.
We try to stagger free PCB Sunday posts so every time zone has a chance to participate, but the best way to see the post first is to subscribe to the RSS feed.