Categories

Open source digital sampling oscilloscope

Posted on Thursday, January 7th, 2010 in logic analyzer by Ian

Please join us in the forum to discuss a digital sampling oscilloscope add-on for the open source logic analyzer (currently referred to as project SUMP PUMP). Our general goal is to design an inexpensive expansion board that samples analog voltages at 50MHz+.

The combination of a logic analyzer and sampling oscilloscope is a powerful debugging tool. The logic analyzer displays changes in signal states, the oscilloscope reveals how clean the transitions are.

We’re in the process of choosing a parallel ADC chip and discussing analog front-end designs. Feel free to make requests, suggestions, or just follow along.

This entry was posted on Thursday, January 7th, 2010 at 11:34 am and is filed under logic analyzer. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

8 Responses to “Open source digital sampling oscilloscope”

1. Andrew says:

I knew this would happen… I’ve just ordered a DSO off ebay, now there’s gonna be a far cheaper alternative.

2. Michal says:

How far away is the Sump Pump from a release by the way? Have you decided on the name yet?

3. Ian says:

The PCBs for the SUMP PUMP shipped on the 28th of December, but the postal slow-down out of China over the holiday is making them take forever to get here. I hope there here really soon, or I’ll try to have another batch made locally.

We’ll hold off on the name until we build the first prototype.

4. Neganur says:

Any news on this?

5. jan says:

any news on this?

6. Ed says:

Just bought an OLA, with the hopes that a DSO wing was in the works. Is this still a possibility?

• Ian says:

Probably not. We designed a stand-alone DOS, and what we learned is that is not something we want to be supporting on a large scale :)