Posted on Thursday, August 20th, 2009 in BP v3, Bus Pirate, Development by Ian
Sign up to be notified of v3 preorders here. We plan to sell the Bus Pirate v3 for $30, shipped worldwide. Preorder discussion.
This picture from our workbench shows the new Bus Pirate v3 (left) and the Bus Pirate v2go (right). The Bus Pirate V3 PCB arrived yesterday. We stuffed it last night, and it passed the self-test without incident.
V3 makes several improvements over the v2go design:
- Uses more common SSOP size PIC 24FJ64GA002 microcontroller.
- Bigger power supply traces and vias, better ground plane.
- Optimized component placement.
- Slightly smaller than v2go.
- Corrected programming header to work with PICKIT.
- USB LED aligned with other indicator LEDs.
- Removed unnecessary resistor R18.
- Centered USB connector.
- Rotated IC3 for better clearance around I/O header.
- Swapped +3.3V and ADC on I/O header for better pinout.
- Colored PCB makes it easier to see the circuit.
There’s another detailed close-up picture after the break.
This entry was posted
on Thursday, August 20th, 2009 at 8:21 am and is filed under BP v3
, Bus Pirate
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0
You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.