Posted on Wednesday, November 21st, 2012 in Global Geek by Ian
Today we mapped the most expansive part of Hua Qiang Bei parts market, the quadrant with the famous SEG market building. SEG is the best known, but there are a dozen other buildings too.
Most buildings have some combination of cell phones and accessories, but there’s some good parts shops too. Check the pics below of:
- The security market, 2 buildings of security cameras, walkie-talkies, and other stuff. We even found a cell phone jammer
- Circuit boards with raw CCD imaging sensors
- PCI computer boards for multiple camera inputs
- Tiny camera sensors
- Goegtu, a suspiciously Google-alike shop
- USB stick and SD card building. They’ll stick a USB stick inside the dongle of your choice. Also a ton of SD cards by the tray load, no idea if they are genuine but they sure are prolific at more than 200 stands
- Fairwhale – not electronics related, but so close to fail whale that it almost seems like the sign just has a slight fail of its own
We also visited a few factories in the last couple days and will post pics as soon as we can download them from the cameras.
Tomorrow we visit the market once again, this time in the company of the great Eric Pan, founder and CEO of Seeed Studio.
This entry was posted
on Wednesday, November 21st, 2012 at 6:00 pm and is filed under Global Geek
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0
You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.