Posted on Wednesday, January 4th, 2012 in Bus Pirate, firmware by Ian
Bus Pirate firmware v6.0 is now available for download. v6 includes a ton of fixes for hardware v3 and v4. Hardware v4 is much more usable, and several new v4 features are enabled. A huge thanks to Brent for all his contributions to hardware v4 support!
The download includes firmware files and bootloader utilities for all hardware versions.
Bootloader utility source code is included. If you compile the BPv4 bootloader for Linux or Mac please share your binary to include in future releases. The Pirate-Loader utility could also use a few updates, such as hardware auto-detect and maybe firmware auto-select.
Please report any bugs you find, firmware v6.1 will follow shortly with fixes and additional updates for hardware v4. Changelog is below the break.
Get your own handy Bus Pirate for $30, including world-wide shipping. Also available from our friendly distributors.
Bus Pirate firmware v6 changelog:
- Enable OpenOCD support in v3. Note: OpenOCD currently not available for BPv4 due to lack of new USB system support. Added to Docs
- Added advanced AUX control to I2C mode, documented here
- Added frequency counter access to BBIO mode, documented here
- Terminal supports Vt100 home and end keys
- Updated servo position function. Documentation, guide
- AVR Dude 40x speed improvement, documentation
- Replaced 1-Wire routines with public domain version
- Code compiles for v3/v4 automatically
- Removed the color labels on the ‘v’
- Fixed the ‘?’ and ‘v’ glitch
- Removed obsolete files
- Defined PPS in hardware setup
- V4 only: Added UART autobaud measurement function
- V4 only: Added k/K to the ? menu (c/C/k/K Aux select (A1/CS/A2/A3)
- V4 only: Fixes for UART/SPI mode PPS
- V4 only: Fixes to SPI slave (sniffer) PPS
- V4 only: AUX1/2/3 fix
- V4 only: Fixed AVRDUDE binmode issues
- V4 only: Fixed SPI mode issues in all modes
- V4 only: Fixed UART
- V4 only: Fixed HD44780 LCD mode
This entry was posted
on Wednesday, January 4th, 2012 at 4:17 pm and is filed under Bus Pirate
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0
You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.