We go through a lot of prototype PCBs, and end up with lots of extras that we’ll never use. Every Sunday we give away a few PCBs from one of our past or future projects, or a related prototype. Our PCBs are made through Seeed Studio’s Fusion board service.
This week we’re giving away two USB IR Toy v2 PCBs. Use a remote control with your computer, view infrared signals on a logic analyzer, or capture and replay remote control buttons. USB Infrared Toy v2 has higher-power infrared transmitter and several new features:
- 100mA constant current IR transmitter with improved range
- Infrared frequency measurement
- Pin breakout area
Don’t forget there’s free PCBs three times every week:
- Free PCB Sunday. The classic. Every week, right here on the blog
- Tweet-a-PCB Tuesday. Follow us and get boards in 144 characters or less
- Facebook PCB Friday. Free PCBs while you wait for the weekend
Get IR Toy v2 for $22.05 at Seeed Studio, including worldwide shipping.
NEW: pick your free PCB from the Dangerous Prototype free PCB drawer. The first few commenters will now receive a coupon code for 1 PCB with free shipping. You can choose this PCB, or another PCB if you prefer.
The online shop gives you a choice of free PCBs, and you won’t need to enter your details every time you win. We like it because the address format is standardized and ready to print on a label. More on the PCB drawer next week.
- Yes, we’ll mail it anywhere in the world!
- Be sure to use a real e-mail in the address field so we can contact you for shipping info.
- First come, first serve. If we can’t contact the first commenters, or there’s no reply within 24 hours, we move down the list. You could consider making a request even if it looks like all the PCBs are gone.
- Limit one PCB per address per month please.
- Like everything else on this site, PCBs are offered without warranty.
We try to stagger free PCB Sunday posts so every time zone has a chance to participate, but the best way to see the post first is to subscribe to the RSS feed.