This board has the latest 5th generation FTDI FT2232H USB 2.0 IO chip. The FT2232 is a USB to serial converter like the FT232, but with a bunch more features:
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (480Mb/s)
- 2 Independent USB to serial ports
- 2 MPSSE modules with I2C, SPI, and JTAG
- General purpose IO pins
- Supported JTAG debugger in OpenOCD, urJTAG, and others
- Multi-platform support, GPL drivers
- Includes an EEPROM for custom USB descriptors and VID/PIDs
- Documentation and resources available on the wiki
Available now at Seeed Studio for $27.
This is our second breakout board. The MMA7455L 3-axis accelerometer will be back in stock soon, and the MCP2200 breakout will drop in a few days. Are there any other chips you’d like on a breakout board?