- SPI sniffer updates
- new fast SPI write/read command for flashrom
- added SPI settings macros to change phase/polarity/clock edge on the fly
- added continuous binary ADC sampling for oscilloscope
- fixed bug in basic scripting engine
- partial read/write are extended to max 16 bit (currently raw2wire, raw3wire only)
- only the bits used in partial read/write are displayed
- auto-switching between 8 and 16 bit display
- no need to enter ‘NEW’ when entering the first program into the scripting engine
- added 9 bit coms to the UART library. When 9 bits is selected, the numbits is automatically set
What’s on your wishlist for firmware v5.9?
The archive includes firmware for v2go/v3 and v1a. v1a was sold as a kit by Fundimental Logic. We still support it in every release, but should we? Please let us know if you still use v1a, or this might be the last update for that hardware.
Read about the firmware update process for the ds30 Loader GUI (Windows/Linux) and pirate-loader console app (Windows/Linux/Mac). This firmware requires the v4+ bootloader, be sure you upgrade to the v4 bootloader first if you still have bootloader v2.
We’re happy to get this release out. The next will be v5.9, but what after that? v5.10? v6?
There’s been progress towards an open USB driver for the new Bus Pirate v4 hardware, but we could start adapting porting the firmware using the Microchip driver now. The developer’s version of the BPv4 hardware has been finalized, we just need to get a quote and have the initial units made.