We go through a lot of prototype PCBs, and end up with lots of extras that we’ll never use. Every Sunday we give away a few PCBs from one of our past or future projects, or a related prototype. Our PCBs are made through Seeed Studio’s Fusion board service.
This week’s free PCB is a new version of the 3 EEPROM test board for the Bus Pirate. We tried to make it cheaper by using SMD footprints that Seeed will fill with parts, and through-hole footprints for working with your own chips. This board is still hung up by the 1-wire components. Maxim might give away lots of free samples, but purchasing 1-wire parts, SMD or through-hole, is really expensive.
To get one of these PCBs, please suggest a part for a future Bus Pirate demo board in the comments. Your suggestion can be a type of part, or a specific part number if you know it. We’ll give away 2 or 4 of these this week.
The high quality picture of this week’s free PCB is thanks to our new scanner, because photographing shiny PCBs is a huge pain.
- Yes, we’ll mail it anywhere in the world!
- Be sure to use a real e-mail in the address field so we can contact you for shipping info.
- First come, first serve. If we can’t contact the first commenters we move down the list, so you could consider making a request even if it looks like all the PCBs are gone.
- Limit one PCB per address per month please.
- Like everything else on this site, PCBs are offered without warranty.
We try to stagger free PCB Sunday posts so every time zone has a chance to participate, but the best way to see the post first is to subscribe to the RSS feed.