We go through a lot of prototype PCBs, and end up with lots of extras that we’ll never use. Every Sunday we give away a few professionally-made PCBs from one of our past or future projects, or a related prototype. Our PCBs are made through Seeed Studio’s Fusion board service.
This odd-ball Bus Pirate is a ‘special edition’. It is the basic Bus Pirate v3a circuit with a larger SOIC PIC chip, and a shrouded header. It should run the stock v3 firmware, but the board has never been tested. We designed this to use some PIC24FJ64GA002 revision B5 chips that Seeed has in stock, but the chips will go in a different project instead. We’re giving away two PCBs this week, just ask for one in the comments.
Get a regular Bus Pirate v3b for $30, including worldwide shipping at Seeed Studio. Adafruit also has the Bus Pirate and probe cables in stock and ready to ship. Each Bus Pirate sold supports further development.
- Yes, we’ll mail it anywhere in the world!
- Be sure to use a real e-mail in the address field so we can contact you for shipping info.
- First come, first serve. If we can’t contact the first commenters we move down the list, so you could consider making a request even if it looks like all the PCBs are gone.
- Limit one PCB per address per month please.
- Like everything else on this site, PCBs are offered without warranty.
We try to stagger free PCB Sunday posts so every time zone has a chance to participate, but the best way to see the post first is to subscribe to the RSS feed.