Bus Pirate firmware v5.0 is now available for download. This is the first release with Sjaak’s newterm overhaul. This version has a completely reworked core with lots of new features to make prototyping easier than ever.
We encourage you to take a walk around the new interface, go further north, and explore it. As with any major new release, there are bound to be a few bugs, please let us know if you find any via the v5.0 release party.
- h – see a history of recent commands and replay them
- s – a script mode that runs simple BASIC-like commands
- i – an updated info menu with probe color hints, mode specific pin labels, and pin direction/state display
- ? – updated, reformatted help screen
- Completely revamped command line processor that gives more feedback about syntax errors
- Accepts strings of commands at once (configure a mode in one line)
- Removed sub-menus for pull-up resistor configuration (now uses P/p, like power W/w)
- ASCII values can be sent to directly to a bus using “quotes”
- A few secrets and hidden treasure :)
- Too many other improvements to list
Read about the firmware update process for the ds30 Loader GUI (Windows/Linux) and pirate-loader console app (Windows/Linux/Mac). This firmware requires the v4+ bootloader, be sure you upgrade to the v4 bootloader first if you still have bootloader v2.