The Open 7400 Logic Competition brings awareness to open hardware and software, and fosters understanding of the building blocks of modern integrated circuits. What can you build with logic chips?
Build a kooky, intriguing, or over-complicated project that makes use of a discrete logic chip and you could score some of the sponsor swag below. Get inspired by last year’s entries.
- Entry form and complete info
- Deadline: October 31, 2012
- 5 Dangerous Prototypes “Hack Packs” with a Bus Pirate, LCD adapter, probe cable, and jumper wires
- 5 ATX breakout boards from Dangerous Prototypes
- 2 Analog Discovery from Digilent Inc
- 2 Little Wire kits from Ihsan (designed right here in the forum!)
- 4 uBoost battery booster boards from Tautic Electronics LLC
- 2 Zigduino, 2 4×4 Driver Shields and four-pack of 8×8 RGB LED I2C backpack kit from Logos Electromechanical, LLC
- A XuLA2 FPGA board, StickIt! Motherboard, StickIt! LED module, StickIt! Button module, StickIt! VGA module and StickIt! PS/2 module from XESS Corp
- DE0-Nano development kit from Terasic
- 2 Amani F2 packs (Amani F2 FPGA Shield, bitJTAG JTAG Programmer, MCU Dev Kit) from Amani64
- 2 Amani GTX packs (Amani GTX Programmable Logic Shield, 4-Digit Seven-Segment ASM) from Amani64
- Papilio One 250K and LogicStart MegaWing from Gadget Factory
- 4 MegaMini’s available with any of the options (headers, different
voltage, etc), 2 Amani64’s (will include USB blaster compatible programmer) from JK Devices
- 1 EZ430-RF2500 and 1 43oh Terminal OLED Booster Pack from 43Oh forum
- 2 EKT-LM3S8962 Ethernet+CAN Evaluation Kits with 128*96 OLED display and 1 Stellaris LM4F120 Launchpad (Releases September 25th) from Stellarisiti forum.
- 1 LAUNCHXL-F28027 – C2000 Piccolo LaunchPad from C2kCentral forum
- $100 gift voucher from Protostack
- An ICD 3 and 1 Explorer16 from Microchip
- 4 books (hardcopy) : Programming & Customizing PICmicro Microcontrollers – Myke Predko; PIC: Your Personal Introductory Course, Second Edition – John Morton; PIC in Practice – David W Smith; and PICmicro Microcontroller Pocket Reference – Myke Predko from Electronics-Lab
- A stair lighting controller kit and 10 stair lights from Hacked Gadgets
- 1 VideoOverlayShield from Low Voltage Labs
- An Audio Spectrum Analyzer from YourITronics
- Au$100 gift voucher for the best Australian entry from Little Bird Electronics
- RaspberryPI for the best Canadian entry from HubCityLabs
- $25 gift certificate with free world wide shipping from Numato Lab
This is an open source, crowd sourced contest. More prizes will be announced every day as new sponsors join the contest. If you’d like to sponsor the contest, please drop us a note via the contact form.
- XESS Corp