Skip to main content
Topic: eZ430-Chronos Wireless Watch Development Tool (Read 1855 times) previous topic - next topic

eZ430-Chronos Wireless Watch Development Tool

eZ430-Chronos Wireless Watch Development Tool

The eZ430-Chronos is a highly integrated, wearable wireless development system based for the CC430 in a sports watch. It may be used as a reference platform for watch systems, a personal display for personal area networks, or as a wireless sensor node for remote data collection.

TI makes this awesome 16 bit microcontroller family based on the MSP430 chip. One variant of that chip is the CC430, which has wireless embedded in the package.

The chronos is a "development board" that they sell for 49 bucks. It comes in a wrist watch form factor (which I use everyday, it's even fashionable outside the geek world :-)) It also comes with two USB dongles, one for the JTAG (programmer) and another one is the wireless counterpart.

One of the examples in the devboard is controlling the mouse wirelessly using the watch, which is pretty cool. The watch also comes with accelerometer, barometer (altitude) sensor and thermometer.

Re: eZ430-Chronos Wireless Watch Development Tool

Reply #1
The watch won't fit around any of my wrists. The smaller one has a circumference of 21.5 cm and the (soft plastic) strap is too short by at least 2-3 cm ... since the strap is an integral part of the housing and can't be swapped for a longer one I can't wear it :D 

Re: eZ430-Chronos Wireless Watch Development Tool

Reply #2
That sucks.   :)  )

TI is moving in the right direction taking development closer to the user.