Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 818277 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #5461
Did you try it?
Tried it with no power pin between PICKit and Front board.
Programmer to target power is enabled - VDD = 3.250000 volts.
Unable to connect to the target device.
Failed to get Device ID

Reply #5462
After poking around, I'm not getting 3V3 or -0.6V from back board. Seems the LM2675 got soldered in backward, lucky the 36Vs fed to it where on an NC pin and it doesn't look damaged.

Reply #5463
I just come back to this thread after few month. I see a lot of changes: new firmware, new PCB. I suppose new 4 layer board ensure better shielding and heat dissipation but what else? Could some one in few words summarase benefits?

Reply #5465
My Unisolder is almost ready and i would like to show you. Design is inspired and adapted from this post.
The area where the acrylic glass (also have it in lighter shade) sits on need to be painted or anodizing black. Because of cost i prefer to paint it by myself.

Can you please post the source of this beautiful housing.

Reply #5466
To the fault database:
with the connected handle without cartridge on the display blinking SENSOR OPEN -> 511C
in the calibration menu the parameter ADC floats in the interval 1023 - 1018.

the cause of the malfunction Oled 2.42" DIY MORE.

;)

X

Reply #5467
To the fault database:
with the connected handle without cartridge on the display blinking SENSOR OPEN -> 511C
in the calibration menu the parameter ADC floats in the interval 1023 - 1018.

the cause of the malfunction Oled 2.42" DIY MORE.

;)

X

Could you tell me a bit more about this? I have the same one, did it not work at all with the OLED installed?

Reply #5469
Running into a problem with the assembly, have the message "no tool" (board 5.2C)
Using the T245 tip. Calibration works fine.
Tip ID is 1805, so also seems fine.
The info screen gives CJTemp -273 and Room 22.
The tip is not heating. When heating the tip with an external source the -273 is not changing. As the value is -273 it seems the tip is seen at the absolute 0 K. Just wonder where best to search for the short, O/C or even defect.

Reply #5470
Running into a problem with the assembly, have the message "no tool" (board 5.2C)
Using the T245 tip. Calibration works fine.
Tip ID is 1805, so also seems fine.
The info screen gives CJTemp -273 and Room 22.
The tip is not heating. When heating the tip with an external source the -273 is not changing. As the value is -273 it seems the tip is seen at the absolute 0 K. Just wonder where best to search for the short, O/C or even defect.
I don't have 5.2C board, I am still on the old board and CPU, but they are near the same except the firmware.
You need to take a short video ( picture ) of the calibr. menu.
When you connect the 245 handle with the cartridge and turn the aligning poth. RC2, is the temperature changes?
You need to check some stuff:
Correct connecting Sense A and Sense B.
3V at Vref and -0.6V at the OpAmps pins and the rest of supply voltages at the time of work.
If possible check the board with smaller than 2.42" LCD

Reply #5471
I don't have 5.2C board, I am still on the old board and CPU, but they are near the same except the firmware.
You need to take a short video ( picture ) of the calibr. menu.
When you connect the 245 handle with the cartridge and turn the aligning poth. RC2, is the temperature changes?
You need to check some stuff:
Correct connecting Sense A and Sense B.
3V at Vref and -0.6V at the OpAmps pins and the rest of supply voltages at the time of work.
If possible check the board with smaller than 2.42" LCD

Thanks for your support.
Double checked all connections to the handle one more time, all are correct. Sypply voltages of 12V, 3.3V, -0.6V and Vref are correct.
When in calibration menu I can adjust the R and ADC value by changing the potmeter. Works both on SenseA and B (pressing the menu button for 2 sec). The CJTemp of -273 on the Intrument Info screen is not changing at all.
Have a 1.54" OLED display with 7 pin SPI interface (SSD1309). The only smaller dispkayy I have unfortunately only has IIC interface.
Any signal forms worthwhile to verify with an oscilloscope?

Reply #5472
Thanks for your support.
Double checked all connections to the handle one more time, all are correct. Sypply voltages of 12V, 3.3V, -0.6V and Vref are correct.
When in calibration menu I can adjust the R and ADC value by changing the potmeter. Works both on SenseA and B (pressing the menu button for 2 sec). The CJTemp of -273 on the Intrument Info screen is not changing at all.
Have a 1.54" OLED display with 7 pin SPI interface (SSD1309). The only smaller dispkayy I have unfortunately only has IIC interface.
Any signal forms worthwhile to verify with an oscilloscope?
Hi, First I want to be sure you connect the handle correctly, just confirm it is as on the picture attached. You use the original JBC handle or for the china one, you connect the right way ( colors are different ).
Please check some Voltages at some points for calibrated RC2:
U13A:1     106mV
U17:3       53mV
U17:6        1.5V
Tell us, how do they change when you turn RC2?
The display is ok, I use similar,

Reply #5473
Hi, First I want to be sure you connect the handle correctly, just confirm it is as on the picture attached. You use the original JBC handle or for the china one, you connect the right way ( colors are different ).
Please check some Voltages at some points for calibrated RC2:
U13A:1     106mV
U17:3       53mV
U17:6        1.5V
Tell us, how do they change when you turn RC2?
The display is ok, I use similar,

I have an orginal JBC handle with an orginal tip.
Connections are as follows:
Red is connected to Vout1- and SenseA
Blue is connected to Vout1+
Green is connected to SenseB
Right now no earth is connected, did have an earth connection before but made no difference.

The more exciting numbers:
U13A:1 1.5 mV ranges from 1.4 - 1.6 mV from both extremes on Rc2
U17:3 1.2 mV doesn't really change when adjusting Rc2
U17:6  6.6 mV ranges from 5.8 to 8 mV when adjusting Rc2

When unplugging the handle teh values change a bit:
U13A:1 207 mV
U17:3 106 mV
U17:6 238 mV
So it seems something really is wrong with these values. Visual inspection doesn't show any poor connections or shorts
Though connections of Vout1+ etc were verified a couple of times, I did it again for the xth time on all connections to the handle plug.

Reply #5474
For the original JBC t245 the connections are ok.
Can you take another measurement?
Use calibration resistor, on calibrated RC2 read the Voltages at C65 - my value is 90mV, and at C62 - my value is 1.1V
They will be not the same, because my board is compensated ( a bit changed ), but need to be close to them for the calibration to pass.