Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 788128 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #4890
Smoke does not always mean that something has burned, if the diodes get extremely hot and flux is present you will see white smoke with no damage due to overheating.  If you did smell magic smoke you have damaged parts in the rectification area.

I would start by checking all diodes using a multimeter and check if you get the same value while testing polarity.

1> Was your board cleaned from flux?
2> Did you smell black magic smoke?
3> For how long it was used with the wrong polarity?

The only way to know if it works on AC is by apply 24v AC.

Reply #4892
Now to my question, is it possible that I burn more stuff (for the case that there is already something broken now) when I connect now AC Input? Or can I just try if it works?
D4 is probably gone. In that case if you connect AC power you'll get only half wave.

Reply #4894
these are clone?

JBC original Spain, blister pack of 25 pieces. Series H, possibly delivered for factories.

X

p.s you have too little heater resistance.

Reply #4895
Yeah, I tried again with almost no wire and it is 2.53ohm, but still scared to do it directly as you did.   :)
 I was reading JBC is going to change the packaging again using CHEAP cardboard now instead of the nice plastic case.

13usd is a good deal.

Reply #4897
13usd - 1 pcs.

25 pcs that will be a steal, not a deal.

From Europe, you can find easily €15 (eBay) but they will be unwanted models, same ppl buy a random pack of 5 or 10 and they sell what they do not want.  From where  I bought mine was tempted to buy the case with almost all cartridges for the nano, 210, 245, tweezers etc over 200 pcs. The original Retail Price was €2450 and was on sale for €900 however I missed this offer luckily since honestly, it would have been a waste of money since I use maybe 9 different models for what I do but as an idea was really tempting.

I am planning to buy the AM120 Adjustable Micro Tweezers with the hope it will work on Unisolder as PA120.
I have been using 2 soldering iron for many years as a trick where I cannot use a heat gun and work well but I am sure a hot tweezer can do an easier task.

Reply #4898
It is still 3 pads since the middle pin and base are common. This depends on the brand and package type, both work fine.

Thanks for the clarification.
Lastly, an the MCP6V28 be replaced with a MCP6V26? Looking at the schematics and datasheets they seem pin compatible but the 28 has a Clock Select pin that unconnected.
Just want to make sure there's no functionality I'll be missing out on by replacing it with a MCP6V26.

Reply #4899
How difficult it is to add a new iron profile to the code? I want to use it with SS-331 desoldering gun. It is a PTC controlled 90W iron basically. A similar irons are already supported. I've checked the code and it is rather simple but not all aspects are straightforward, like TPoly coefficients for example. May be someone have already posted guides on how to deduce these parameters?

Reply #4900
How difficult it is to add a new iron profile to the code?

If you search in this forum you will find some people who had success with the Weller Dsx-80.
Besides adding a profile you require to add an external circuit to control the suction unless you already have a solution for that.
Doing wiring correct and set a good temp profile for your iron heater will be another task.

22 USD Desoldering gun from Pro'sKit is any good?
From the reviews, I can see it is a poor product like all Pro'sKit products.

DETAILS:
Code :88-552A
Temperature :160 ℃~ 480 ℃
Voltage 24V
Power 80W
Heat up rating 130W
Note: With 6 pins
Ceramic heater

Reply #4901
If you search in this forum you will find some people who had success with the Weller Dsx-80.

I've searched this thread for DSX-80 and people were just suggesting to use WSP80 profile for it.

Besides adding a profile you require to add an external circuit to control the suction unless you already have a solution for that.

I will probably buy a 220V pump and turn it on with relay, and the relay I will feed from the 12V rail of the unisolder board, 12mA shouldn't overload it I believe. I am trying to avoid using a separate switching power supply for the pump.

22 USD Desoldering gun from Pro'sKit is any good?
From the reviews, I can see it is a poor product like all Pro'sKit products.

The SS-331 looks good. The review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuiiZO8Ye70
The one you've posted on the image is ZD522, not sure about that one.

Reply #4902
The SS-331 looks good. The review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuiiZO8Ye70

The ZD522 is a replacement 6pin model and ZD553 is a replacement for 7PIN.
Re youtube review, from my understanding he is sponsored by Banggood If the product is good why after a couple of days of use you need to open it up, disassembly it, drill/cut and more?  :D  He almost damaged the PCB the important he have a FLUKE VM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eBG7z-2qNE

Let's forget the brand name as long it does the job and remove solder easy without damage the PCB should be ok.
I tried the Hakko Fr301 220v version,  it gave me hard time since it gets stuck easily and does a horrible job on sensitive old PCB, I manage to get a refund after it was repaired twice.

I am still interested in the Weller Dsx 80 with Unisolder the reviews on this simple iron are the best I have read so far but it is expensive just to try it out.  Re vacuum pump, any beefy pump @ 24v should do the trick.

Reply #4903
I am still interested in the Weller Dsx 80 with Unisolder the reviews on this simple iron are the best I have read so far but it is expensive just to try it out.  Re vacuum pump, any beefy pump @ 24v should do the trick.

I didn't find an AC 24V pump, this is why I am thinking of using 220V pump.

Anyway. I've understood that unisolder is supporting DSX 80 through the WSP 80 profile, but I want to add another profile for SS-331 and I don't want to randomly plug it under other profiles risking damaging it. Hence the original question, how to add a new profile. I can read through the code and try to figure it out myself, but there must be an easier way, Sparkybg himself is probably following some procedure while he is adding new irons.

Reply #4904
I didn't find an AC 24V pump, this is why I am thinking of using 220V pump.

I want to use 24V since it is easier to activate it using MOSFET which will use the same power from Unisolder and if you search online it is very common to find used.

User "tchleb " in this forum suggested using a Vacuum extracted from the Mercedes Benz door lock (Bosch brand).

I have on hand Thomas  model M42x30 which was extracted from medical faulty hardware and hope it will work fine.

ReCode same here I can read it but do not understand it, sure Sparky have procedures and tools to measure temperature iron but without having your model he cannot test and add the profile so I hope he can help you with that.

Good Luck