Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 802301 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #5265
So after some troubleshooting i found out that the display was the culprit,

What model is your 2.42" display?

Reply #5266
Maybe the DC-DC converter chip is the smaller (0.5A) version. Check it out.

Operating principle of contact-based sleep sensor circuits

Reply #5267
I've seen a number of different designs for sleep sensor circuits that are contact-based and seemingly detect when protective earth / chassis ground is connected through the handle. I'm attaching the schematic for the particular sensor board I happen to have received with my unisolder PCBs as an example.

I'm curious what the functional principle of those sensor circuits is - i.e. how do they detect whether or not protective earth is connected to the holder?

I find the schematic of the sensor I have particularly confusing because it seems to effectively leave the logical input to the inverter (implemented with a quad-NOR) floating when J1 isn't pulled down to GND so that D1 is in reverse-bias.

That sensor, as well as other's I've seen, also seem to reference the controller's supply to earth ground through R1 when the handle is present in the holder. Is that intentional and safe to do? So far my understanding was that the unisolder's power-supply should be floating and not referenced to earth.

Thanks!

Reply #5268
Hi rafl, That is a mod of my very first sch, without any input protection, and changed non-proper way by adding D1 and C4, How it works ( expect to work ) you should ask the guy who changed it. You can find it on pages 94, 95. The sch is a very simple some components only and no need any explanation. About the idea, it is the sensing input to be ruled by using very high impedance. You can have a look at the last update ( transistor version ) and you will catch the idea easily.

Reply #5269
https://youtu.be/NuWUdDhbyqo
https://youtu.be/S-gISZHoLDE
Hi i have problem with T12 and C210 handle when i connect i get 511'C when i plug tip everything working.

when i connect C245 without tip everything working what do you think what i should to do?

Reply #5270
when i connect i get 511'C when i plug tip everything working.

Your Videos are set to private lately this seems a common problem with Tindy boards and SparkyBg already gave the solution which is to check the sense A & B area however from what I read some users removed a list of components from the Front PCB with success and guess they solved 511c flashing with the sensor open.

Is this a Tindy ready assembled or you did this yourself?

Reply #5271
Your Videos are set to private lately this seems a common problem with Tindy boards and SparkyBg already gave the solution which is to check the sense A & B area however from what I read some users removed a list of components from the Front PCB with success and guess they solved 511c flashing with the sensor open.

Is this a Tindy ready assembled or you did this yourself?

Now video should be ok. This is Tindy ready assembled board.

Reply #5272
Hi i have problem with T12 and C210 handle when i connect i get 511'C when i plug tip everything working.

U12, U13, U17, U18 change it to the original Microchip MCP6V07 - MCP6V08 or Analog Devices AD8628ARZ - AD8629ARZ.

Reply #5273
U12, U13, U17, U18 change it to the original Microchip MCP6V07 - MCP6V08 or Analog Devices AD8628ARZ - AD8629ARZ.

Ok i will order new Analog Devices AD8628ARZ - AD8629ARZ. i will inform when i replacement.

Reply #5274
What model is your 2.42" display?

Turns out it aint the display, today i rewired everything with new connectors and such and on ac it still doesnt work but on dc everything works fine. On c1 i get 24v on ac and dc power. So im going to try to probe around a bit more and see if i can spot changes between ac and dc.   But yeaa still scratching my head not sure what could cause this. especially since after the first part at c1 it has the same voltage as DC which makes me feel there shouldnt be a difference.

Reply #5275
On c1 i get 24v on ac and dc power. So im going to try to probe around a bit more and see if i can spot changes between ac and dc.  

In my case, C1 is the same on DC and AC (24V) however on DC if you check for AC voltage you will find 0V instead of 10V +- on AC.
I asked you re-model since I read here that some models do not work very well. If you need any measurement to compare I can also help with the scope if needed.

By any chance have you checked what Sparky suggested which is for the CURRENT DC to DC being low for 2.42".
Have you tried the 0.96" it will be a good test?

Maybe the DC-DC converter chip is the smaller (0.5A) version. Check it out.

Reply #5276
In my case, C1 is the same on DC and AC (24V) however on DC if you check for AC voltage you will find 0V instead of 10V +- on AC.
I asked you re-model since I read here that some models do not work very well. If you need any measurement to compare I can also help with the scope if needed.

By any chance have you checked what Sparky suggested which is for the CURRENT DC to DC being low for 2.42".
Have you tried the 0.96" it will be a good test?

Well.. the issue also persists with the original display. And the cartridge also doesnt get hot so that makes me think the front board isnt powering up at all.

Reply #5277
I also just measured that when powered on DC the 3.3V is present on the J3 connector, but when on AC it is 2V.

On the incoming voltage at C1, AC and DC are 24.36V.

Reply #5278
I guess stay away from Tindie seller?

Reply #5279
I guess stay away from Tindie seller?

If you want a tested one that works more than 15 mins yes.
If you want to buy from China @vulkan35 is Ok at least no complaints so far and he is not an invisible man and if you have issues you can contact him.

FYI: If you are EU Member from next 1st July you will have to pay VAT + handling fees so if you want to buy from china hurry up with few days left to avoid expensive charges.
https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/business/vat/vat-e-commerce_en

If you are from Europe and want ready assembled just search eBay for USED from time to time, my friend bought one at a good price €140 free express shipping to Italy,  I cannot find his eBay store sorry, seems they are out of stock, I have checked his work under the microscope not bad, the important is that all parts match all the BOM of sparky which is fantastic and was told they are from Digikey genuine.