Skip to main content
Topic: Updated software (Read 9580 times) previous topic - next topic

Updated software

I was wondering if anyone has any updated software for this.

I would love to be able to do more with this. from memory there were two subroutines that allowed clicking on the webpage to run routines. it would be great if they were working for someone. i was lookign at it at one stage but i didnt get to far.

thanks again

Peter

Re: Updated software

Reply #1
I'm interested in upgrading to the latest TCP/IP stack (v5.0), and perhaps substituting a pin-compatible dsPIC33 for the 24FJ64GA002.
Got a question? Please ask in the forum for the fastest answers.

Reply #2
i would be interested in that.

Im not sure how limiting the current pic24 is but if you were going to update it would you not look at going to the pic32?
im guessing theres not one thats pin compatible but might be worth a look.

The 2 main functions i was interested in allowed the website to interact with the board. i cant remember what they were called but if they were implemented it would allow the website to control i/o, read the sd card etc very easily.

as allways let me know if there are any updates to this

Peter

Reply #3
The 32bit PICs are all TQFP packages, I believe.

There are more 28pin dsPIC33's than there are 28pin PIC24FJs, the catch being that the dsPIC can only source/sink 4ma per pin compared to 25ma on the 24F. All 28pin dsPics seems to be pin-compatible with the 24FJ64GA002.

I have a few dsPIC33FJ128GP802. 16K RAM, 128K Flash, 40MHz. I've been meaning to hot-air off the old chip and try this one, bit it means tailoring a new configuration file and compile for the updated uC...

Reply #4
For those who are interested I've attached an updated version of FTP.c which allows you to upload, download and delete files from the web server's SD card as well get the directory listing using the command line ftp in windows. You can change the password by editing the necessary lines at the top of FTP.c, by default they're both set to "ftp".

To get it going you'll also have to makd the following changes/additions:
1) in TCPIPConfig.h:
a) add the following line in te application options section
Code: [Select]
#define STACK_USE_FATFTP_SERVER

b)change
#define TCP_ETH_RAM_SIZE					(1000ul)
to
#define TCP_ETH_RAM_SIZE					(1500ul)

c) uncomment and edit these lines
{TCP_PURPOSE_FTP_COMMAND, TCP_ETH_RAM, 100, 40},
{TCP_PURPOSE_FTP_DATA, TCP_ETH_RAM, 200, 200},

2) in StackTsk.c:
a) add the following in the StackInit(void) function
#if defined(STACK_USE_FATFTP_SERVER)
    FTPInit();
#endif

b) add this in the StackApplications(void) function
#if defined(STACK_USE_FATFTP_SERVER)
    FTPServer();
#endif

It's probably not the best code in the world... but it works. Hopefully someone will find it useful :)
Chris

Reply #5
[quote author="ian"]
I'm interested in upgrading to the latest TCP/IP stack (v5.0), and perhaps substituting a pin-compatible dsPIC33 for the 24FJ64GA002.
[/quote]
Im currently in the process of working throught the v5.10 stack to make it run with the business card web server. I don't think there's too much to change but I only started on it last night and I only get the odd half hour here and there... but once it's done I'll upload it here. I'd like to get it working so it can handle the dynamic cgi pages too this time... I tried this with the old stack but didn't get very far.

Ultimately I'd also like to get it working with the HTTP2 version as it adds a bunch more functionality. Unfortunately I think there will be a lot of work involved to convert it from using MPFS2 to SD/FAT... anyway, I'll start with the simple stuff first and hopefully get the HTTP2 working later :D

Reply #6
[quote author="bluesign2k"]
[quote author="ian"]
[/quote]
Im currently in the process of working throught the v5.10 stack to make it run with the business card web server. I don't think there's too much to change but I only started on it last night and I only get the odd half hour here and there... but once it's done I'll upload it here. I'd like to get it working so it can handle the dynamic cgi pages too this time... I tried this with the old stack but didn't get very far.

Ultimately I'd also like to get it working with the HTTP2 version as it adds a bunch more functionality. Unfortunately I think there will be a lot of work involved to convert it from using MPFS2 to SD/FAT... anyway, I'll start with the simple stuff first and hopefully get the HTTP2 working later :D
[/quote]

Sounds great man! keep it going! I can't wait to try it on my new BC Webserver ;)

Reply #7
Server Lock-Ups......anyone else seeing the little web server locking up?    If left on it'll lock up at least a couple of times a day.
Did anyone try monitoring the watchdog pin on the PIC or have any suggestions how ro reset the PIC if it craps out?
If all else fails just have a regularly timed reset?
I agree with Ramon too, it'd be nice to see and display the incoming users IP....any thoughts on how to do this welcome.
Myself and a buddy currently have LED's attached to the three spare outputs of the PIC and if you go on line can switch them on and off, thanks to Ramon's stellar efforts in coding.  Be warned now that is is slow to load the page initially!
Dave
Dave (VA7DB)

Reply #8
how do i upgrade to the latest stack?

Reply #9
Hi sara - what do you mean?

[suspected spammer]