Skip to main content
Topic: Slashdotted :) (Read 6258 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Slashdotted :)

Reply #1
Lets hope Ian has a solid server.. ;) BTW congrats!

Sjaak hides

Reply #2
Thanks guys. I'm thrilled it was on slashdot. I'm a regular /. reader, and this project really is an educational kit/art piece/childish destructive device that was inspired by the endless discussion of flash storage life on slashdot. It doesn't actually test an SSD or flash card, that's easy to do with a PC and software, but it's still deliciously destructive and teaches about I2C and EEPROMs.

It all seemed to go without a hitch :) I can probably post a traffic report of the slashdot effect in action. About half of DP's projects have been on /., so I hosted the forum and blog on Laughing Squid's Rackspace cloud when I moved off wordpress. It seems to have worked fine. ustream also performed perfectly, despite all the /.ers who commented that the feed would be /.ed :)
Got a question? Please ask in the forum for the fastest answers.

Reply #3
There was a minor problem with the forum not loading ~5 minutes after the post showed on RSS feed. Something about "SMF" not being able to connect to database. But it didn't last long :) Few minutes after it loaded just fine.

Traffic report would be nice, so we can have the idea of how much traffic do /.-ers generate :)

Reply #4
The idea behind the destroyer and the live video feed made it viral. Congratulations guys!