Skip to main content
Topic: PE-986A/983A solder paste dispenser (Read 21910 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: PE-986A/983A solder paste dispenser

Reply #15
Oh, is it possible to use CO2 for these dispenser?, i have lot of co2 due to my interrest in homebrewed beer, would be cool if one doesnt need the compressor due to the noise.

Reply #16
No idea on the C02. If it is dry and oil free I guess it would be ok.

There is no direct leakage as the compressor never comes on if I just leave it. One exception is the vacuum setting to help suck excess paste back up - it constantly leaks air, I assume in some sort of venturi tube arrangement? But turned off it does not leak.
Got a question? Please ask in the forum for the fastest answers.

Reply #17
Co2 is very much dry and oilfree, i use it today to push beer from keg  ;)

Reply #18
[quote author="neslekkim"]Oh, is it possible to use CO2 for these dispenser?, i have lot of co2 due to my interrest in homebrewed beer, would be cool if one doesnt need the compressor due to the noise.[/quote]

That's exactly what I'm planning. See my previous post for estimates of the amount of gas it would use based on Ian's estimates.

Reply #19
Is anyone (Ian?) able to tell me what the outside diameter of the air tube that feeds the dispenser is?

Reply #20
And did anyone find out how and where we can get this dispenser? (need this and the reflow oven soon)

Reply #21
I successfully hooked up my solder paste dispenser to a CO2 tank! Details here

Reply #22
So your conclusion is not to use co2?
I was planning to use Sodastream gas, since I have some of those bottles, and those are refillable, so the gas is not too expensive, and I have an refillable 2kg bottle that could be used also, if co2 at all was usable of course.
And an regulator like this to dispense the gas: http://www.kegkits.com/Merchant2/mercha ... Code=HPREG  (It's 0-300 PSI, normal ones I have for beer tapping, is 0-60PSI, which seemed to little according to your post?)

Reply #23
[quote author="neslekkim"]So your conclusion is not to use co2?
I was planning to use Sodastream gas, since I have some of those bottles, and those are refillable, so the gas is not too expensive, and I have an refillable 2kg bottle that could be used also, if co2 at all was usable of course.
And an regulator like this to dispense the gas: http://www.kegkits.com/Merchant2/mercha ... Code=HPREG  (It's 0-300 PSI, normal ones I have for beer tapping, is 0-60PSI, which seemed to little according to your post?)[/quote]

CO2 is perfectly satisfactory, as well as being dead silent. The only reason I'm not likely to stick with it is because airbrush compressors are pretty cheap, and I now know they'll have sufficient pressure for solder paste dispensing. A 60PSI regulator would also be perfectly satisfactory.

Reply #24
How is the noiselevel on those?, the tanks are quite small, if any, but maybe they are not so noisy?

Btw, which dispenser did you get?

Reply #25
The tanks are silent, naturally. I don't own an airbrush compressor, but they tend to claim noise around 65dB, which is very quiet.

I got the same dispenser as Ian.

Reply #26
ah, ok, the ones that aren't to be found on ebay.

Reply #27
[quote author="neslekkim"]ah, ok, the ones that aren't to be found on ebay.[/quote]

Indeed. The Aliexpress seller I bought from is linked in my post.