Skip to main content
Topic: Group buy in Shenzhen? (Read 24321 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Group buy in Shenzhen?

Reply #45
I am interested in one (probably the 240), but I don't think Ian plans to do any further procurement.  Seeed Studio is apparently planning to carry them, but I have not seen them show up there yet, nor do I know what kind of pricing they will have.  If they offer them a a decent price (and don't gouge like some aliexpress prices I have seen), and their shipping is reasonable, Seeed will be a good trusted source.  But then again the machines are still not available there yet.

gil

Reply #46
I am trying to contact some friends in Shanghai also, to see if they can arrange something. I just got back from China a few months ago, but I didn't need one then.

Reply #47
I've had my buddy in Shanghai try to contact this company about purchasing one and sending it to the USA. They didn't seem interested in giving any discount and included a 17% VAT on top of the price.

I'm not understanding the 17% tax. The USA doesn't have a VAT nor does China. I've sent a PM to Ian, but I haven't gotten any answer. Has anyone else run into this?

Reply #48
I'm ending up having to buy on Aliexpress.

no joy here. :-(

Reply #49
Hey mplafleur:

Which machine did you get?  How much did your machine end up costing on aliexpress, with extra fees and shipping etc?

I am still on the fence, and was waiting to see what seeed would do, but they have not offered them yet.

gil