Skip to main content
Topic: One more PCB fab house - Cheap stencils (Read 30088 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: One more PCB fab house - Cheap stencils

Reply #15
According from a mail I got from the company the shipping costs for .au is in their system...

The shipping cost table is uploaded in the moment for following countries (up to 30kg):
all EU countries
USA
Canada
Mexico
Australia
Russia
Japan
Taiwan
North Korea
South Korea
Singapore
India

If you want to ship to another country then let me know and we will add the shipping cost table for it. Also a heavier package or lower shipping cost (with longer shipping time) are available on request.

No Malaysia yet, but I just check the shipping costs for Singapore since they should be more or less the same.

Re: One more PCB fab house

Reply #16
[quote author="matseng"]Their script is really slow, but so are their website so it seems like the price calculations is done at the server and not locally at the webpage.

$8.90 is for 1-layer... :-)  Change to 2-layer and you'll get $9.90[/quote]

From what I could tell, they key off a change in focus, not a change in value. So go select something in another field and it will do the price update right away.

Anyway, nice find!

Reply #17
While I haven't tested their PCB service yet - I just made the plunge for a big test of their store:

Reflow Oven AT-R1825 $299.99
DC Power Supply LW PS-1503D (0-15V/0-3A) $29.99
SMD Book R0402 $19.99
Multimeter Victor VC830L (U,I,R) $7.99 (can never have too many of these!)
Sub-Total:   $357.96
Express: 3-8 days, with tracking & insurance, dimensional weight (21.85kg):   $103.25
Total:   $461.21

I'll post an update when I get it - ordered last night, got a confirmation, but nothing else yet - of course it is now nearly the weekend there.

Reply #18
nice - so this all this in anticipation of the next digispark production run :)?

Reply #19
That would kill me to run Digisparks on such small equipment - right now they get run on multiple full size pick and place machines at the factory. But this is for making some pre-assembled SMT shields as well as prototyping new products, I'm tired of soldering 0402s by hand.

The next prototype board I need I'm going to give these folks a try - that is of course if they ship my oven in the mean time.

Reply #20
[quote author="bearmos"]
[quote author="matseng"]
The manufacturer claim "Current Control Mode 0-3A adjustable" but I really don't think so. I see no knobs or switches for setting cv/cc mode as on the more expensive version.  Maybe one of each can come in handy. :-)[/quote]
It looks like there's a button on the bottom - this might make select between CC/CV modes.
[/quote]

Nah, I found a clear picture of it. It's only CV. The left button is the power button, and the right is just a placeholder/blank for the output terminals of the bigger brother of this power supply.  But for $29 I'm ok without a adjustable current limiter.

I like that they have labeled BOTH output terminals as GND :-)

[attachment=0]

Reply #21
[quote author="matseng"][quote author="bearmos"]
[quote author="matseng"]
The manufacturer claim "Current Control Mode 0-3A adjustable" but I really don't think so. I see no knobs or switches for setting cv/cc mode as on the more expensive version.  Maybe one of each can come in handy. :-)[/quote]
It looks like there's a button on the bottom - this might make select between CC/CV modes.
[/quote]

Nah, I found a clear picture of it. It's only CV. The left button is the power button, and the right is just a placeholder/blank for the output terminals of the bigger brother of this power supply.  But for $29 I'm ok without a adjustable current limiter.
[/quote]

Good catch! I honestly threw it in on my order and didn't look twice because of the price and it didn't add to shipping.

I just asked them if I could switch to this one and pay the difference: http://smart-prototyping.com/index.php? ... uct_id=105

They sent me an email that the oven I ordered was OOS until after the new year - I responded that I'll happily wait, gives me confidence to hear from them. They even asked if I wanted to switch to one of the other ovens in the email - so far service looks good!

Reply #22
matseng, the picture is a nice find - so much for my optimism!

Reply #23
Did anyone order and test these powersupplies?, the PS-303DM looks nice, but wonders if it was 0-30 or -15 to +15..

Reply #24
I just got back some 2-layer PCBs and a PS-303DM power supply:

The power supply appears to work well.  I tested it through its range with a multimeter, and put a couple of resistor loads on it, and it was as accurate as my crappy radioshack meter, at least.  It's a little on the light side compared to similar power supplies, but for under $50, I can't complain at all.  The switch on the back was set to 220V when I took it out of the box, so that's something to look out for.

The PCBs are fine quality.  They aren't anything special, since they're for a through-hole kit I'm thinking about selling on Tindie, but the drill hits and solder mask are at least as accurate as seeed studio, if not a little better.  I ordered 10 and received 12, but one of them had a pretty bad scuff-mark from shipping.  The bundle of PCBs was stuffed against the side of the box with just a thin layer of bubble-wrap.

For the price, I'm happy.  Shipping was a little on the pricey side ($40), but it arrived just 5 days after shipping, a week after I placed the order.  If I'd had a choice for cheaper shipping, I would have picked it, but with the heavy power supply, I wasn't able to choose slow shipping.

Reply #25
[quote author="digistump"]While I haven't tested their PCB service yet - I just made the plunge for a big test of their store:

Reflow Oven AT-R1825 $299.99
DC Power Supply LW PS-1503D (0-15V/0-3A) $29.99
SMD Book R0402 $19.99
Multimeter Victor VC830L (U,I,R) $7.99 (can never have too many of these!)
Sub-Total:   $357.96
Express: 3-8 days, with tracking & insurance, dimensional weight (21.85kg):   $103.25
Total:   $461.21

I'll post an update when I get it - ordered last night, got a confirmation, but nothing else yet - of course it is now nearly the weekend there.[/quote]

Did you receive the oven yet? I've been playing with the idea of buying one since I found this store. Googl'ing didn't bring up any reviews, so I'm eager to hear your story :)

Reply #26
I have received my PCBs too.
I also tried the SMD stencil because it was very cheap ($25).
Arrived in perfect good shape and I am happy for the service.
Definitely will use them again.

Reply #27
How good was the stencil (and for that matter the PCB's)? Any pics?

Reply #28
[quote author="Sleepwalker3"]How good was the stencil (and for that matter the PCB's)? Any pics?[/quote]
Unfortunately I can't post a picture because I am leaving for some holidays soon. maybe when I came back.

The pcbs are good quality in my opinion.similar to seeedstudio I think.
Regarding the stencil, I was expecting a simple steel sheet instead I have received a framed one.
it's quite big and robust.

I will post a picture in 10 days but if you are considering buying a stencil, don't esitate. I can't believe it's only 25$

Reply #29
Seeed Studio start producing stencils as well: http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/pcb-st ... ?cPath=185

I think that they are a little bit at the expensive side... (well, the price its OK for the steel ones but I was hopping that they will offer together with the steel ones and cheap kapton/polyester ones for the hobby community)!