Skip to main content
Topic: One more PCB fab house - Cheap stencils (Read 30022 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: One more PCB fab house - Cheap stencils

Reply #31
I've also tried them (PCB + components). You can read my impressions in a blog post I wrote.

Avishay

Reply #32
did anyone test these psu's that smart-prototyping sells?, kinda like the ps-305, but wonder if it is any good, say, how low can it controll current?, and the price is $49 for the psu, but shipping is $58, so maybe one of the bigger would be better, say the rxn-305D-II

Anyone know what is the difference of linear or switching mode on these? are the switching versions effecient and not to much noisy?

Reply #33
blah, the email adress given for shippingquestions there doesn't work, so maybe they are already out of business?

Reply #35
Try cherry@smart-prototyping.com I've had email conversations with her as late as this Friday. She usually replies within a few hours.

-mats

Reply #36
yes, that adress worked, got replay that they are on vacation (until tomorrow), so I'll wait and see.

Reply #37
[quote author="neslekkim"]did anyone test these psu's that smart-prototyping sells?, kinda like the ps-305, but wonder if it is any good, say, how low can it controll current?, and the price is $49 for the psu, but shipping is $58, so maybe one of the bigger would be better, say the rxn-305D-II[/quote]

I bought both the RXN-1503D (Linear 0-15V/0-3A) and the PS-305D (Linear 0-30V/0-5A, 1mA Display) from them a while back. I haven't really tested them yet.  Tomorrow I'll try to do some measurements on them and see how well they regulate the current in CC-mode and what the practical ranges are. I'll also make some tests for voltage transients on power on and power off.

I've planned to to these tests for  while now but never got around doing them. So for now I just pull the positive cable from the contacts before turning them on or off. It would not be so nice if they put out an unregulated spike of 25-30 volts at power off.

Reply #38
thanks, will be interesting, is the fan noise high?
If they give an spike, it should be possible to create an small protection circuit that one can attach?
I mean, where else can you find an "decent" psu like this for about $100 with shipping..

Reply #39
I've been using these guys since May 30th.  It was the $20 stencil that made me move from iteadstudio (which I also received great service from btw).

The reason I decided to post was not so much as a "Me Too" post but to share that we're actually going through the quote process for PCB assembly.  We're 90% there with BoM and assembly costs.  This includes soldering by hand a somewhat gnarly 30 pin FPC!

I'll let you guys know how it turns out!

Red

Reply #40
Anybody tried Seeed lately and if so, were things back to good again or still a bit iffy? I know Eric was on here and trying hard, but I looked at their PCB again (as I'd always used them in the past) and suddenly it's changed from 10 boards down to 5 boards - effectively the price has doubled!  Mats, is Smart-Proto still doing fine with your orders?

Reply #41
I don't know for Mats, but I recently ordered with Smart-Prototyping, and I've had a mixed experience. I have still a pending issue with them, but I'll give a thorough review soon.

Reply #42
Thanks Doub, good to get various feedback.

Reply #43
[quote author="Sleepwalker3"]... but I looked at their PCB again (as I'd always used them in the past) and suddenly it's changed from 10 boards down to 5 boards - effectively the price has doubled!  Mats, is Smart-Proto still doing fine with your orders?[/quote]

Their qty=10 prices are still the same -- they've just added a qty=5 option.

Reply #44
Well if that's the case either they must have made a mistake on the webpage, or I'm missing something, because here (on the left) http://http://www.seeedstudio.com/service/index.php under the 'Fusion PCB' heading, the text says  "Customized PCB;  $9.9 for 5 pieces of 1-2 layers PCB...".

In the past I've always paid $9.90 for 10 boards (50mmx50mm, everything standard), so unless I'm missing something, then I should now be able to get 5 boards for $4.95 (that would be great!).

I'm more than happy to be corrected if I'm wrong!