Skip to main content
Topic: High speed Pick & Place for $3600 (Read 345107 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: High speed Pick & Place for $3600

Reply #300
Hi chomw: 
Thanks for the info.  I will try edit mode tomorrow and learn how to align the tape to the pin. 
Regarding the stack 0 trays, why do you have a negative 5.5 for X?  What is the 0,0 reference for the tray?  I had presumed the left-rear corner, as that was how they demo'd it in a video, but now I realize that must not be correct.  Also, you have a square part yet your x and y values are different -- now I am really confused.  Gil

Reply #301
Maybe if I align it against rear-left the coordinates would be the same - I don't know? The tray cell should be larger than the largest specified part so the 0,0 will never be in the center.

Reply #302
Hello, This is Mia Chen from NeoDen. I'm here to thank you all for your great support on our pick and place machines TM220A and TM240A, and hope you enjoy the working experience with our machines. If you got any question about TM220A or TM240A, please feel free to contact us. Best Wishes.

Reply #303
My TM-240A is working well. A very clever and innovative design. I am still looking for a reflow oven. Anyone have experience with the Glichn ovens or know of any other decent ovens? A DIY toaster oven conversion is NOT an option as I need to get things in production and have no time to mess with it.

Reply #304
This thread has been extremely useful for info!

Quite interested in the TM240A.  I have quite a few reels of domed PLCC4 LEDs to load on boards.  Tape is 12mm and parts have a 3.45mm height (tape height 3.65mm).  I know 3mm is the max height, however given the quantity of these I need to load, I have interest in modifying to suit.  From what I can see with images I've sighted, the height restriction is between the bolts at the tape exit, as well as the pressure placed on the spring.  It looks like the entire tape block could be removed with a couple of bolts.  My idea is with loading that block in the CNC and shaving off a enough at the front 12mm feeder to accommodate the tape depth, as well as a thin slot cut at one end of the spring clip to reduce it's height.

Does this approach seem feasible/practical?

I do recognize the likely need to modify a pick up tip to handle the domed LED surface.  I've had plenty of fun placing (chasing*) them with a vac pen.

Reply #305
If you have the similar situation as the above person said ,you can contact us and see if we can help you solve it.We are the manufacturer of this machine.

Reply #306
Thanks for your reply!  Good to hear this is possible.

I ordered a TM240A a week ago, just before your national holiday.  Ordered with some extra tips in case I need to modify for reliable domed LED pickup.

Reply #307
[attachment=0]Hi,
I am the next happy owner of the TM220A machine!
I contacted Mia from this forum, and ordered directly neodentech.

The machine arrived in 3 days! :-)

It was pretty good packaged (see the image)

Now I start to learn how to use it.

Reply #308
<Me> turns green with envy  :P

Reply #309
Hi all,
anybody here from Aus using the 240A machine ?

Reply #310
There was a guy from Brisvegas running one with his company, but not sure which model. I think it was one of the earlier posts, so if you go back through them, you'll probably find some details.

Reply #311
Just sent you a PM with the details

Reply #312
hi sleep walker
i send  a PM
rgds

Reply #313
[shadow]Hi skartalov,

I am the next happy owner of the TM220A machine!
I contacted Mia from this forum, and ordered directly neodentech.

The machine arrived in 3 days! :-)

It was pretty good packaged (see the image)

Now I start to learn how to use it.[/shadow]

Hows the stuff, did you goton to the job with it?

BR
George

Reply #314
Hi George,

I still didn't go so deep with it. Still testing, loading some reels, learning how to work with the EAGLE ULP and so on.
Also ordered a batch of PCBs to my local provider, trying to make a stencil, ( I also bought a stencil printer from the same company for $80), etc.
But until now everything looks promising.

I will keep you posted.

P.S. I am from Bulgaria.