Skip to main content
Topic: High speed Pick & Place for $3600 (Read 345107 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: High speed Pick & Place for $3600

Reply #285
Hi selectech:

I couldn't see a red selector switch through the side grill, though it was not the best of light when I looked.

I did get a note from Mia at Neoden that the unit was set up for 110 and just needed the correct cord.  I am going to read up some more on the forums, and watch a few videos before firing it up though.  thx,  gil

Reply #286
It's great having so many people spread around the world and the advice you can get from others :)
We all seem to end up with cords and plugpacks we don't need these days. I'm in Aus, but strangly need cords for US 110V stuff for my bench, but they cost a heap down here, so I'll probably end up getting some off E-bay or one of the Chinese suppliers.

Reply #287
After reading all the reviews here I have a TM-240A on the way. Now to find a decent reflow oven. Does anyone have any experience with the T200C+ oven?

Reply #288
hello Koasite, just as said I'm the saler of Neoden. We have a party company with good reflow oven,but only T962C  T962 A and T960.

Reply #289
How is you PM575 working? We are now trying to get a PM575 working but it is in slow mode and we need it to go in to fast mode. Seems to be in good mechanical condition. Any suggestions? We do not have any manuals.

Reply #290
[quote author="TTKKBear3"]How is you PM575 working? We are now trying to get a PM575 working but it is in slow mode and we need it to go in to fast mode. Seems to be in good mechanical condition. Any suggestions? We do not have any manuals.[/quote]
 sorry for not understanding about PM575.

Reply #291
I was referring to a Juki/Zevatech PM575 talked about on page 7. New here and did not realize post showed up at end. It is working but very slow (like engineering mode) and need to switch to a faster production mode. Suggestions welcome.

Reply #292
[quote author="TTKKBear3"]I was referring to a Juki/Zevatech PM575 talked about on page 7. New here and did not realize post showed up at end. It is working but very slow (like engineering mode) and need to switch to a faster production mode. Suggestions welcome.[/quote]
Try sending a PM to the person who posted about that machine, looks like he has all the manuals

Reply #293
I am looking at buying the TM220 or TM240, so I emailed Mia, but I curious if there is anywhere else other than AlieExpress where these can be obtained? It looks like Ian was putting together orders earlier in the year, but it sounds like people are just going factory direct now?

Reply #294
Hey there echtogammut:

DP won't be putting together anymore group buys for this;  in fact, since DP is moving to China, their TM220A is up for sale (but you have pick it up in Amsterdam and need a 220V machine).  I suspect that Ian wants a TM240, or just wants to let seeed do the building.  See: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=5867

I don't know much about AliExpress (though many others here have gotten a machine through them).  I did hear about an extra fee or something, but nothing concrete.

I went directly to Mia at Neoden, wired them the money, and had my machine in a few days.  Great DHL shipping with not even a scratch on the wood crate.

The topic sentence of this thread is pnp for $3600, but that was some time ago.  The machine, now that it is popular, is currently $3999 US.  That, plus $200 for a spares kit, plus dhl shipping, took me to about $4600 US total for the 220A.  I'm not complaining though, as it is a great little machine.

gil

Reply #295
Hi folks:

So I finally got a chance to try out my tm220 today.  Just a test placement of one of my boards onto double-sided tape.  I learned a few things, and I'll talk about one issue here: wider-than-spec boards.  I'll follow up with another post on other stuff.

This is a board wider than the machine can handle, but I am happy to have most of it automatically placed (and just need to manually drop a half-dozen bits on the right side after taking it off the machine).  The TM220A is spec'd for 220mm-wide max boards.  It is interesting, but the left nozzle (head-1) cannot quite get that far over, but the right nozzle (head-2) can get over just a bit beyond that.

While a pcb in the 220A can indeed cantilever out the right side, there were a few implications to the board being wider than machine specs.  First, at the front-right side gantry mount, there is an optoisolator,  with wires running down through the mounting plate.  The extra-wide board hit the wires to this opto and would not seat fully against the machined registration stop.  However, it was easy enough to press these wires forward a bit with a soft dowel, and let the board seat properly.  Second, the eagle placement ulp file (the last version I can find is 1.0h from jamz), while being designed for the 220A (and not the larger 240A), does not enforce any bounds checking, which is fine with me.  Not unexpectedly, once I loaded the file onto the SD card, and loaded it into the 220A, I quickly got an error at "line-x."  So I needed to find line-x in my editor, and figure out what the problem was.  OK, it was a part at 269mm horizontal, which is clearly beyond the machine's 220mm bounds -- I knew I needed to do a little editing.  I edited out one line at a time to see what would pass the machine's "sd-file-load-test" and was happy to get an error-free load.  Still, there were some bounds-related issues that would cause the machine to hang during placement (these were parts near and a bit beyond 220mm, but they passed the file-load test).

So after a bit of editing, the short answer:  If a component is positioned at greater than about 226mm horizontally, I delete the line in the placement file (needs to be manually-placed).  If a component is positioned at less than 200mm, it can be placed by head-1 or head-2.  If a component is positioned between about 200mm and 226 mm, it needs to be placed by head-2 (as head-1 does not reach quite that far).  Both heads seem to be able to reach a bit further, but the machine would freeze -- this is just the quick result of my empirical tests today, but at least it is good to know that the machine can place a bit wider than the 220mm spec, and it is also useful to know that head-1 cannot quite make it that far.

FWIW,  gil

Reply #296
When I load a tape, how do I ALIGN it horizontally?  So the feed holes are found and the part is picked up in the center?  Does not seem to be critical with an 0603/0805 with a 4mm spacing, but what about an IC with an 8mm spacing?  There has to be some alignment criterion after reel installation.  What about height?  The parts are all aligned to the top of the tape, but deeper parts will not need to drop as far. ???

What about the front (reel-0) slots -- I thought offset of 1/2 of the part's X and Y and feed-spacing of 18mm, but it seems hosed.    It seems to want to pick up way further horizontally, and then fails.  Is height the part nominal height?  Any advice?

thx,  gil

Reply #297
When you edit a job, you can select a position and then check if tape advance pin hits the hole in the tape. There is no way to change the pin position so you need to adjust the tape manually. High precision is not necessary, you can set it by eye; it pays to  group your parts by package on the rack to aid in eyeballing.

Reply #299
I only use one part in stack 0. It is 7x7mm 32L TQFP. The numbers for the part aligned to the top left corner are X -5.5, Y 5, feed 18.01. Hope this helps.