Skip to main content
Topic: High speed Pick & Place for $3600 (Read 345107 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: High speed Pick & Place for $3600

Reply #270
Hey folks;  a few questions on buying one of these, for those of you who have:

So who has found the best place to purchase one of these TM220 or 240 machines for shipment to the USA?  Seeed was going to carry them, but that has not happened yet.

Is direct with Neoden the best price?  Anyone have a contact there?  I see that they are on aliexpress but I am guessing that a direct factory deal would be better.

What have people been paying in US dollars for the machine and for shipping?  Are there additional fees for import?  I have heard some folks say about two weeks delivery -- is that about right?

I have seen reference to a "spares kit" -- what is in it and is it worth the extra cost?  I have also seen "extra nozzles" -- needed or not?  And something about "machine customization" -- what is customized, and why is that worth the extra cost?

thanks in advance,  gil

Reply #271
I got my TM220A direct from Neoden, contact with Mia. With spares & shippng, was the best price & I really did want to deal with the mfg.

Wire transfer took a day and shipping was 2 days,

Reply #272
Hey Selectech:

I just got an email reply from Mia at Neoden.  Even though they have a store on aliexpress, the also work direct, as they did with you, and it is a few bucks cheaper on the shipping (and some folks say there are hidden aliexpress fees).  Direct from neoden quote:  $3999, plus $200 for accessory kit, plus $411 for DHL shipping, for a total of $4610 US.  I would rather work directly with the factory, and was happy to find that they replied quickly.  This is wire transfer in advance, which would have made me nervous if not for so many folks here having good experiences, and Ian visiting the factory to boot.  For anyone still pondering a purchase like I have been, here is what is included on the quote I got from Mia:

TM220A, set up for 110V and English (1yr warranty and lifelong service support) ($3999 US), includes:
 - 6 nozzles (2xXS, 2xS, 1xM, 1xL)
 - 8G SD card w/ reader
 - nozzle disassembly tool
 - adjustment tool for nylon spool wheel
 - nozzle cleaning tool
 - user manual and video training course
 - PCB coordinate transformation tool (software?)

"Export Necessary" Accessories ($200 US), includes:
 - 13 more nozzles (5xXS, 3xS, 3xM, 2xL)
 - pin and spring for feeders  (3 sets)
 - electromagnet for feeders
 - pin sensor for feeders
 - nylon spool wheel accessories (10)
 - external shelf (to use big reel on a feeder)
 - nozzle disassembly tool (duplicate)
 - adjustment tool for nylon spool wheel (duplicate)

thanks all,  gil

Reply #273
Good day all. I'm the sales of this mufacturer. I will be so gald to give the information you need when using or researching our machine.You can give us a private message or send a mail.

Reply #274
Hi folks:

This fellow Donald is indeed with Neoden, as I just confirmed with Mia.  When he posted last, he had a hotmail account, and he had contacted me directly as well.  As someone else on the forum had previously alerted me to a fellow with a hotmail account posing as a Neoden representative, and I was just getting ready to wire money for a machine, I envisioned someone trying to intercept a transaction and get me to wire money elsewhere (stranger things have happened -- scammers are everywhere).  I even alerted Ian, who took down the post with the hotmail address.

Anyway, sorry Donald, but we all just have to be careful, and Neoden would not like to lose a sale to a scammer either, I'm sure.  Please use your neoden email address next time -- it will give you the credibility needed on an anonymous forum like this.

OK, I'm off to wire money.  Looking forward to getting the machine soon.

gil

Reply #275
Good luck with it Gill, let us know how you go.

Email addresses shouldn't be posted unless well 'disguised' (anti spam measures) to avoid spam, even then it's far better just to do a PM and get the details from there

Reply #276
Hello Gil,Mia told me about this,I'm sorry for misunderstanding to be a scammer. I will use our company mail next time.Anyway I will be glad to support any information for everybody about the machine.

Reply #277
hi, thank u very much for sharing and ur interested in our pick and place machine.
yes, i am a supplier of this machine :)))

Reply #278
Hmm.  Another Neoden guy?  We just went through this with Donald, (who, as it turns out, is actually with neoden).  So smtebuyreese, are you really a legitimate Neoden representative, or are YOU a scammer?  We are very skeptical of these anonymous posts.  Does simple saying "yes, i am a supplier of this machine" make you legitimate? 

Ahh, spidey senses are tingling once again.

Reply #279
Hi, I am a sales for this  :D    Honest ;)  Just give me your Credit card details and I'll sort the rest :)

Reply #280
Hi smtebuyreese.This is Donlad from Neoden, I'm sure you are not from our company,maybe you are one of our distributor.But you can give us your company name for confirm.

Reply #281
Wow!  I wired money to Neoden last Thursday.  It is now merely Tuesday, and the DHL truck just dropped off my TM220 crate! 

I nearly pooped my pants.  That was lightning-fast shipping from China to the US.  You rock Neoden!

It looks like it had never even been in a truck;  I was expecting dings or cracked corners.  DHL took great care with the crate.

Thye sent the wrong power cord, with some funky angled prongs, but the machine has a standard IEC power jack, and I presume the internal power supply is 110-to-220, 50/60Hz (correct me if I am wrong folks).

Gotta figure out how to use it now.  I have been reading posts, collecting notes, trying the eagle ulp and all that.  Hopefully get it running soon.

gil

Reply #282
DHL have been very quick in my experience, typically 3-4 days China - Aus. If you have "Angled Prongs" and they are opposite angles at about 45 degrees, plus 1 'straight' pin, then you have an Australian plug, which may mean you have a 240V unit 50Hz. I don't know if they have a separate supply or Universal SMPS or whatever, but you probably want to check that it is suitable for your area first.

Reply #283
Hey sleepwalker3:

Yea, I see that it is an Australian power cord on my TM220.  Gee, I have some relatives down there somewhere.  I used to have a buddy in NZ who was on my teletype list, but he passed away.  Still have the little kiwi bird he sent me, sitting on my shelf.  And to answer those who have asked me about teletype machines, yes, I have quite few, many of which I have restored.  Maybe I will use a 1930s-vintage baudot paper-tape reader, or the ascii tape reader on an ASR33 from the 60s, to feed the placement program into my TM220A -- way more fun than just plugging in an SD card.  But I digress.

I do not see a power label on the TM220A saying something easy like "110-to-220, 50/60 Hz," so I don't want to just plug it in yet.  I'll ask the factory, but that will be a reply tomorrow.  Does anyone else know if I can just plug in 110/60?  I thought someone said something like that once.  As Mr. Mom said, "220, 221, whatever it takes."

But in the skinny neoden manual, all it says is "220/50, CONVERTIBLE to 110."  No word on what the conversion entails, but as I do not see a 110/220 switch externally-visible, there is the possibility that it could entail internal jumpers.  Really didn't want to open it up, but will if needed.

Any power supply advice appreciated.  thx,  gil

Reply #284
If you look thru the vent grill on the side of the TM220 you can see the red voltage selector switch of the power supply to check that it's in the correct position.

I got the same cord, but the unit was set for 110. I did check before I plugged it in & found that you could see the selector switch without taking anything apart. I have lots of 110V IEC cords so no problem using the unit { & a growing pile of 220V cords that I have received with things }.