Skip to main content
Topic: I just bought this, and you what did you buy ? (Read 165561 times) previous topic - next topic

I just bought this, and you what did you buy ?

This place needs an "I just bought this" thread !
 pic a must ! no long discussion :oP

I just bought those this morning, at a local store :-)

Re: I just bought this, and you what did you buy ?

Reply #1
[attachment=0]

10x Atmega664 in PDIP
10x Atmega8535 in PDIP
5x ATxmega32A4U in TQFP
5x ATxmega256A3 in TQFP

Im addicted; I have way to many AVRs. I have one atmega32 on my breadboard right now and its been there for months. I have something around 60 AVRs; and ~58 of them never been touched. (Now ~75 with these).

and whats really lame is I did a side by side comparison of a few of my atmegas today and noticed they are all the same really, besides maybe one or two peripherals difference.. basicly if you have one mega you have them all!!!1

Also, not shown but my samples from microchop arrived:

3x PIC24F somthing (A pic i can program with the bus pirate pic programmer finally test that)
3x MCP2200 (UART <-> USB)
3x MCP4801 (DAC)
3x RE46C140E16F (a gas detection IC)
3x MCP4662 (Digital POT)
3x MCP23017 (IO Ex pander, excited about this)

Reply #2
[attachment=0]
I just got this bad boy from some hongkong ebay seller. It's a 100mW 433Mhz Transceiver based on the CC1101. Exactly the same radio module that is inside the CC430 in my ez430-Chronos watch. My hope is to interface this with TI's wireless stack and create a central node which will sync my Chronos watch automatically.

Reply #3
cool i received buttons in my mailbox !
i only found one place selling them here at $0.75 each !!!
i got 100 of them for around $0.06 each on ebay !!!
now i have for many many projects for sure !
ok i took also 4 week to arrived but i wasn't in a hurry at all :o)

@BrentBXR
this is a lot of atmega  ;o) you should build a super computer with all of them ;-)
i also got few sample from microchip,  those i2c io ports are cool i will use one soon in a little prototype :-)

@Greeeg
i wish you fun with you  ez430-Chronos watch, i wish you will document your project, that watch seems to be really fun and i might get one too  :-)

Reply #4
I just bought this (well about month ago, but it is waiting to be hacked).

RF tube amp, 0-600mhz (most HAM bands), power estimated to ~250W CW, ~400W PEP. Contains 2x 4cx250 tubes. Probably from MIG-xx airplane.

@Greeeg: I bought RFBee from seeed for the same purpose, my chronos is 868mhz.

Reply #5
I bought this a couple days ago (has not yet arrived)

[attachment=0]

now I messed up because the price was so nice (at first) I bid and relised they made up for it with shipping! Doh the classic ebay mess-up... Oh well still a decent price... but I messed up worse in the fact that this is a 220v not 110v...

So now i need to 1) buy a converter or 2) make a project out of it and convert it.

Reply #7
I just bought a Rigol DS1052E oscilloscope and got it yesterday.

Been having fun playing with it, it looks great.
However before I got it, I had lots of ideas for projects which I never did because I kept thinking "I could do this if only I had a 'scope". But now I have one I can't remember any of those ideas :P

Reply #8
My NeTV should be here any day now! (Ordered it last Friday from Adafruit, they sold out quite quickly :D )

Reply #9
Just bought MSP-EXP430FR5739 for half price at tideals.com .

Reply #10
So many cool parts! I just got more STN1110 and a bunch of parts for my open source OBD-II bluetooth adaptor. It takes care of all the physical layer stuff so you don't have to.

Reply #11

2 strings of these, I have "mostly" got them talking to my Ardu and by talking I mean I can make them go mental. Some more work on the protocol as they don't conform to the standard chips from the Adafruit/FastSPI libraries.

Such is life, this is all part of the fun though, isn't it?

Reply #12
Intel 160G SSD. Now figuring out how to make it bootable on my machine...

Reply #13
[attachment=0]

Just got done with my BusPirate Free PCB Build today. Haven't had a chance to test it or anything like that (honestly don't even have an arduino yet LOL). I'm actually pretty proud as it was my first SMD soldering attempt and I think I did everything right. I'm not as sure on capacitors/diodes and their placement direction.

Reply #14
I got this in the mail today:
A FPGA dev board with 32MB SDRAM, 8MB flash and 0.5MB SRAM.
It got a EP2C8 FPGA, fun fun :D
It came with the adapter (next time, email ebay guy that you live in the Netherlands, else you get an unusable adapter) and LCD
Tweezers so happen to arrive at the same day.
Ow, right, if you order a USBBlaster FPGA programmer from seller A and a dev board from seller B you WILL get the dev board first and WILL be waiting impatiently for the programmer :(

http://http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/6861/dsc02266a.jpg