Skip to main content
Topic: Sure Electronics PICkit 3 (Read 37981 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Sure Electronics PICkit 3

Reply #30
They say that if you press the Program to Go button when you DON'T have image in the programmer, that you destroy the pic32.. read the warning here:
https://www.olimex.com/Products/Duino/P ... e-hardware

Reply #31
Ahhhh, I see. So I'm guessing you can't fudge the PicKit3 to just believe a certain Chip ID when the chip isn't telling?  Surely you would think the chip ID would be hardwired into the thing so that it could never be wiped, I can't see any value in having a chip ID that can be overwritten.  Thanks for the info guys.

Reply #32
Doubt I'll ever use the PTG feature, so might just remove the button or cut the track.

Reply #33
Hi guys,
I am a newbie.

Sorry but I didn't found a way to write a post, I receive a message but I am not writing link or spam.

I would like to post another solution.

Greetings

Reply #34
Hi guys,
I bought this small programmer in the past but I am using it frequently only now.
The problem described is true, it is relative only to Sure clone and the solution proposed is good.
My programmer has the same green printed circuit board present in photo posted before from neslekkim.

However I have solved it changing only one resistor.
Near AMS1117, you can found two resistor, the couple R17/R24 having 470/680 ohm in the original Sure.
It is enough to exchange the 680 ohm resistor with one of 750 ohm, in this way the 470 ohm resistor remain unchanged.
I have used one resistor with a 1206 package because I haven't a 0603 available but you can use also 0805, it fit the same.
Before the modification I get 3,095V, after this smart modification then I measure 3,286V using my Fluke 177 multimeter and it is working fine.
Who like the perfection and would like to measure exactly 3,3V then he must select one resistor of 755 ohm before solder it.

About the voltage reference called VREF_2.5 (it is half of 5V therefore 2,5V) is perfect, I measured 2,500V on pin 16 of PIC microcontroller.

Greetings to all!

Reply #35
Thanks for that information MaurizioT. Curiously, my Sure PICkit 3 didn't need any mods, but I see a number of others did.

Reply #36
There are different versions of PCBs.
Also there are some of that version have different components (as value).
Maybe were assembled at different times or from different manufacturers.

[quote author="dpropicweb"]Thanks for that information MaurizioT. Curiously, my Sure PICkit 3 didn't need any mods, but I see a number of others did.[/quote]

Reply #37
I would like to know the Sure schematic.
Inside the ZIP file from their web site is present a PDF file with the Microchip schematic in a unreadable way.
Can be they have done this because the Microchip schematic is different.
At today I haven't found their schematic.
It is not a problem because it is working but can be useful to see if we can improve it.