Skip to main content
Topic: Pitch Shifter (Transposer) (Read 25962 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pitch Shifter (Transposer)

Reply #30
[quote author="manmachine"]
Could this project be modified ,to take audio file in an SDcard as input, instead of actual audio input signal,thus avoiding input sampling ?
manmachine.[/quote]
Yes.
[quote author="manmachine"]
Also,  How far AVR chips  are suitable to do job like this?  Your thoughts please.
[/quote]
I don't think an Arduino ist fast enouth to do this at a high sample rate.

Reply #31
Than you for answering.
Can you please shed some light on this (pitch shifting a file on SDcard).

manmachine.

Reply #32
Use some FAT library (e.g. Chans "FatFS" or Microchips "MDD File System") and instead of reading the data from the ADC use the chosen library API to read the samples from a WAV file on the SD card.

My code varies the input sampling speed and has a constand output sampling speed.  With the data coming from an SD card, it has to be the other way around.

Reply #33
How could I buy the pitch shifter
I work in sales
Music store

Reply #34
I didn't build the pitch shifter to sell it.  However, the schematic and firmware are available, so everyone with a little experience in electronics should be able to build you one.

Reply #35
Marcus,  would you mind if I tweaked it a bit and turned into a kit and tried to sell a handful of them?

Reply #36
Hi Mats, I really would like to see it being available as a kit!  You totally have my blessing.  And I am sure the design could be improved a lot :)

Reply #37
That's great!  I'll have to build it myself first, so I'll add a few pic24's to my next order from Element14 and play around with it.

Reply #38
IIRC I used some optimization value >1 in the firmware to get enough speed on the PIC24F.  Today I would use a small PIC32MX1, which was not available back then.