Skip to main content
Topic: Apologies for noob questions (Read 1852 times) previous topic - next topic

Apologies for noob questions

Hi,

I have the twatch, awesome bit of kit. :)
I have flashed the new firmware to keep the light on, now im interested to play more.
I was wondering how to use the PHP and perl scripts with the twatch?
I have installed python and tried to run the backlight on/off script, but get a timeout. (not sure im doing it right?)
So, some more information or advice on how to get the PHP,  perl or python bits running with my twatch would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Kai :

Re: Apologies for noob questions

Reply #1
Hi Rave,

Glad you like the #twatch.

It sounds like the script cant contact the #twatch TCP server. Make sure you change the IP address in the script to match the address shown on the screen when you plug in the #twatch.
Got a question? Please ask in the forum for the fastest answers.

Reply #2
Hi Ian,

Many thanks for the reply,  I will look at editing the python script when I get home from work.
How would I use the PHP or Perl with the twatch?
it was my understanding that a PHP/Perl script was run from a server, would it be a case of putting the scripts on my webserver an pointing them at the twatch somehow?
All this is quite fascinating, and I appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Kai :)

Reply #3
The perl script is for local use, run from a perl interpreter on your PC. The PHP version must run on a server, probably called from a cron job, but I don't really know for sure.
Got a question? Please ask in the forum for the fastest answers.