CPLD programming with Bus Blaster, urJTAG, and SVF files
urJTAG can be used with the Bus Blaster or FT2232 breakout to program a CPLD or FPGA using a SVF file.
Download and install the drivers:
Download and install urJTAG:
Locate a BSDL definition file for the device from the manufacture or with a web search.
urJTAG does not seem to work with the XC9572XL CPLD. We expect a fix eventually.
Connect the programmer and start urJTAG.
jtag> cable jtagkey Connected to libftd2xx driver. jtag>
On GNU/Linux use:
jtag> cable ft2232 pid=0x6010 vid=0x403 interface=1 Connected to libftdi driver. jtag>
Select the Bus Blaster programmer.
jtag> detect IR length: 8 Chain length: 1 Device Id: 00000110111001011110000010010011 (0x0000000006E5E093) Manufacturer: Xilinx Part(0): XC2C64-VQ44 Stepping: 0 Filename: c:\program files\urjtag\data/xilinx/xc2c64a-vq44/xc2c64a-vq44 jtag>
Enumerate the device.
jtag> svf c:\svf\example.svf progress stop Parsing 660/663 ( 99%) Scanned device output matched expected TDO values. jtag>
Now play the SVF file to program the device.
- Copy the .SVF file to a directory
- Run the SVF file with options show progress and stop on errors
jtag> bsdl path c:\bsdl jtag>
- Some devices may need a BSDL file to be recognized.
- Copy the bsdl file to c:\bsdl, or change the location in the bsdl path command.
- Tell urJTAG were to find it as shown above.