Really universal soldering controller

A place to document your own projects.

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Postby vulkan35 » Mon May 27, 2019 7:18 am

Last edited by vulkan35 on Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
vulkan35

Postby TheAmmoniacal » Thu May 30, 2019 4:36 am

I have no inspected all solder joints with a microscope and fixed those that didn't look good, but the problem remain the same. Temperature reading is stuck at 22-26 C and 125-126W is fed to the iron continuously.

In the calibration menu the iron IDs are correct, but all other values are 0.

If I connect a 10 ohm resistor for calibration, I measure 3.8 mV across it as expected.

One chip might be dead, which one is most likely to require a replacement with these symptoms?
TheAmmoniacal

Postby Iwanushka » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:28 pm

c96 wrote:I've looked at this project for such a long time haven't got around to making one yet :( was all excited as I wanted to use the jbc nano tweezers read so much through everything spent hours going through the bom and then found I dont think it works with the nano tweezers lol may still need to make one and look into it if works with the hakko micro tweezers fm2023 :)

Hey mate,

If you are still interested you can send me tweezers and i can do profile for them.
Iwanushka

Postby Iwanushka » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:35 pm

vulkan35 wrote: Full assembled PCB + cable J2, J6, CNTR, J5, J9.
OLED 1.3" SSD1306 (white).

full assembled PCB without stand + shipping = $155 USD
full assembled PCB + stand + shipping = $175 USD
payment paypal
shipment date 20.06.2019

Hey,

Do you sell stand only?
Iwanushka

Postby vulkan35 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:09 pm

Iwanushka wrote:Do you sell stand only?

Hi, pm.
vulkan35

Postby zbx89 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:51 pm

Hey guys. I'm about to order some boards through JLCPCB, any thoughts of their quality regarding this project?
zbx89

Postby Doomedahab » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:00 am

zbx89 wrote:Hey guys. I'm about to order some boards through JLCPCB, any thoughts of their quality regarding this project?

I've used their pcb's as well for my Unisolder and their quality is fine.
Doomedahab

Postby salavat » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:05 am

DinikS wrote:
minkok wrote:Hello DinikS, I can see the mosfets are both at a different position, they are rotated left 90 deg - wrong, on the pcb picture.

Hello Minkok, yes I know about that. Kicad has some bug in 3D viewing. I don't know how to fix it. (( If somebody knows I will appreciate their help.

minkok wrote:Please, if R1 is sleep input and drain of Q1 is sleep output, leave it connected to SLEEP terminal and cut the connection between drain of Q2 and drain of Q1 , you cannot connect them together - different channels input, different channels output.
Main point is, Sleep channel to serve iron holder support detection and Hibernation channel to serve tip holder, extractor detection. You need to leave Q2 output not connected, as I mentioned before, channel 2 is not supported by current firmware.
Sorry for the little delay.

Thank you for your remarks. If I understood you right and redraw the schematics and PCB correctly, It came out like this. I added one more pin to make both channels separate.

@DinikS,@minkok

I've used your sleep controller board for my Unisolder and works fine, thank you very much for your efforts!

However, I run into the problem with HT tip, which had erroneous readings and did not let controller to go to stand by mode, while using HT JBC tip, your board and JBC stand. Other tips (both original JBC and clones were just fine).

I believe it is not your design, it is total length of unshielded wires between board, stand, soldering iron, lower resistance of HT tips, etc..or combination of all those things.

The solution (which I would suggest as a small upgrade for your design) was offered by @afedorov (thanks again) and included simple RC filter (330 (Ohms and 10 uf cap actually) which solved the issue completely.

I believe there will be small changes in your PCB design (split the IN rail for installing resistor) and slightly increase space between 2 parts to install capacitor. With this update board will not be sensitive to possible hum and noise with lower resistance tips.
Last edited by salavat on Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
salavat

Postby minkok » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:31 am

salavat wrote:
The solution (which I would suggest as a small upgrade for your design) was offered by @afedorov (thanks again) and included simple RC filter (330 (Ohms and 10 uf cap actually) which solved the issue completely.

I believe there will be small changes in your PCB design (split the IN rail for installing resistor) and slightly increase space between 2 parts to install capacitor. With this update board will not be sensitive to possible hum and noise with lower resistance tips.

I am enclosing those 2 parts "schematics":

As I can understand you, you added LPF at the input of 4001, while Afedorov offers " Some additional (to R23/C45) RC filtering may improve stability" - changes to the output of the circuit.
Adding C1-10uf of the unput to GND expose circuit to High voltage potential (may be will work in your case, but for the others will not).
I can expect hundreds of V between GND and earth which insist to be used at least 1-2 kV C1.
What I can offer is first to add 100nf between power supply legs of 4001 and if that does not help,
add Schottky diode in serial to the same input of 4001 as it was done by DinikS long time ago.
Last edited by minkok on Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
minkok

Postby db9mat » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:20 am

zbx89 wrote:Hey guys. I'm about to order some boards through JLCPCB, any thoughts of their quality regarding this project?

They're perfectly fine! If you're in Europe and don't need a set of 10 boards, I'd happily ship you a set as I still have loads lying around.
db9mat

Postby afedorov » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:27 am

minkok wrote:As I can understood you, you added LPF at the input of 4001, while Afedorov offers " Some additional (to R23/C45) RC filtering may improve stability" - changes to the output of the circuit.

Yes, the filter should be on the output. Your point is absolutely correct, no low impedance paths to any rail should present on the input.
However, it is better to put the filter between two schmitt trigger gates, like that.
salavat wrote:I am enclosing those 2 parts "schematics":

Please don't pull schematic parts out of context, it's confusing to people.
Attachments
touch.png
afedorov

Postby salavat » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:16 pm

afedorov wrote:Please don't pull schematic parts out of context, it's confusing to people.

I edited message. I thought it is very diffucult to confuse minkok and quite obvious what is being filtered, but it seems I was wrong ))
salavat

Postby vulkan35 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:44 am

vulkan35

Postby Stormer2k0 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:33 pm

So i have been interrested in this project for some time but I was wondering if there is a similar universal controller for a hot air soldering station. I've been looking into it and tried to find anything similar but couldn't find anything. I will soon have a lot of free time on my hands and will try to design one myself. Maybe even modify Unisolder to be a dual universal station.
Stormer2k0

Postby SZ64 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:34 am

barumelec wrote:Barum Electronics Co., LTD had been established in 2013, ...

and what does it have in common with the production of a hat?
SZ64

PreviousNext

Return to Project logs