Logic Sniffer not reconized

A cheap logic analyzer. Get one for $50, including worldwide shipping. A collaboration between the Gadget Factory and Dangerous Prototypes.

Logic Sniffer not reconized

Postby Gaurav » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:58 am

Sir, i just received Open Bench Logic Sniffer from seeedstudio but when i try to connect the hardware to my pc it didn't get recognized. when i contacted the seeedstudio they ask me to contact dangerousprototypes for solutions, please suggest me some solution. ofcourse the problem is associated with mcu section ,should i go for repair on my own.

Thank you
Gaurav

Re: Logic Sniffer not reconized

Postby ian » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:03 am

Hi Gaurav,

Did you successfully install the divers for the device, or it gave the error immediately?

Here is the basic overview of the install process:
http://dangerousprototypes.com/docs/Log ... tart_guide

It could be a bad chip or board. You can try to replace the PIC18F24J50 if you have a replacement chip and programmer. If it was not recognized the first time you plug it in, then there is probably a problem and Seeed will send a replacement board.
ian
Crew
Crew

Postby Gaurav » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:25 am

sir, it gave the error immediately as soon as i connect it to PC. i have checked and try to burn the correct firmware with pickit 2 and pickit 3 both i guess the chip is not good. i try to replace the chip but this particular mcu is not available in local market.
Gaurav

Postby ian » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:43 am

Please contact Seeed Studio and reference this thread with your order number, they'll send a replacement right out. I'm sorry about the defect!
ian
Crew
Crew

Postby Drone » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:10 am

FYI, even if you have not installed the Microchip USB drivers, when you plug your OLS into the USB port, the green PWR and red TRIG light should remain on and (on Windows XP at-least) the Found New Hardware Wizard should eventually pop-up. At least that's how it is on my OLS V1.04 hardware - which seems to work after the drivers are installed and Jawi's OLS Client is started.
Drone

Return to Open Bench Logic Sniffer