Downloading Xilinx ISE Webpack outside of US

High-speed USB 2.0 JTAG debugger and flash programmer. V2 available now for $34.95.

Downloading Xilinx ISE Webpack outside of US

Postby fishor » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:34 am

Hallo all,

wont to be able to program CDPL (create buffer logic) on my BusBlaster v2.6 by my self. If i understand it correctly, i need "Xilinx ISE Webpack" for it.
On download i get this warning:
Download Center
US export regulations require that your First Name, Last Name, Company Name and Shipping Address be verified before Xilinx can fulfill your request. Please provide accurate and complete information for immediate processing. Sorry, addresses with Post Office Boxes and names/addresses with Non-Roman Characters with accents such as grave, tilde or colon are not supported by US export compliance systems.

Are there any other way to program XC2C32A?
fishor

Re: Downloading Xilinx ISE Webpack outside of US

Postby matseng » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:41 am

So just register and fill in your information in the form. I used my address in Malaysia and I was able to download the ISE Webpack without any problems. I just changed my o with dots (ö) to a regular o in my surname to keep it happy.
matseng

Postby fishor » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:02 am

Ok. Thx.
fishor

Postby matseng » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:31 am

But it's a bigass download. 6 GB....
matseng

Postby ian » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:00 am

Yes, it is a behemoth of a package. I imagine 0.01% of it actually involves the small devices we use at the low end. I always assume it's the compilers for the newest FPGAs that take up the space. However matseng might now turn to the datasheet and correct me :)

An alternate theory is that the schematic editor is so dodgy and poorly written that it probably takes up 5GB of the package :)
ian
Crew
Crew

Postby matseng » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:03 am

It's probably written by Microsoft ex-employees :-) They don't seem to care about the size of their packages.

Edit: Ehhh... Software packages that is. Not their "personal" packages. ;-)
matseng

Postby AdShea » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:06 am

It's worse than that, it's written by acedemics. They just care that it gets the right answer, not that gets done quickly.
AdShea

Postby tayken » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:17 pm

<rant>
AdShea wrote:It's worse than that, it's written by acedemics. They just care that it gets the right answer, not that gets done quickly.

As a PhD student working on parallel optimization, that is an insult to me.
</rant>

Back to topic.My guess is that ISE Webpack contains a small portion. It has lots of programs in it: Embedded system tools, analyzers, simulation tools, uC files in verilog or whatnot... Not only that but some of the FPGAs come with actual uP hardware inside, I believe one of them had a Power PC core. That'll finally add up!

That being said, I hated it when I was a student. Had to use it on the shitty laptop supplied by my uni and it was consuming a large portion of HDD space and causing all types of f*cked up problems. I was saved quickly as I had to use it for just one semester, my friends: not so lucky, their thesis work was about FPGAs. :S
tayken
Developer
Developer

Postby williamjf77 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:02 pm

you can program if you have the svf file with a ft232h and openocd
williamjf77

Return to Bus Blaster JTAG debugger